Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE Tag

zombie
Flickr Credit: MELISSA MATHIES
ZOMBIES. I love zombies. Fictional zombies. I am less excited about real zombies. Anyway, we’re using the zombie apocalypse for this tag, so I have zero fears in my heart. Thanks to Alexa from Summer Snowflakes for tagging me!

The Rulios:
  • pick five books (favorites or random, but know the characters)
  • write the name of the books on strips of paper
  • draw one strip randomly for the first question
  • open to a random page and use the first name you see to answer the first question
  • use the same book for question two, but turn to a different page
  • repeat steps 2-5 until you’ve answered all the questions
Full disclosure, I’m not doing that. I am not going to be writing down all these things on paper. Instead, I am going to use the Random Thing Picker to select both the order of the books and the characters I’m using (instead of the first name I see, I will put all the character names on that page into the generator).

The setup is so much faster this way.

via Goodreads

Dreadnought by Mark Walden

1. The First Person to Die: Jason Drake. Praise the Lord. This guy is like Steve Jobs, but with plans to set off the volcano in Yosemite and kill us all. Him getting eaten by zombies is a best-case scenario.

2. The Person You Trip to Get Away from the Zombies: Diabolus Darkdoom. In what world am I going to be faster than Diabolus Darkdoom? He’s one of the world’s most prominent supervillains and he must have a foot on me. (Also, if I trip him and he lives, I am going to be facing a world of pain when this is all over.)

via Goodreads

Vicious by V.E. Schwab

3. The First Person to Turn Into a Zombie: Sydney. Is it more ironic that she already is one or that, well—read the book. You will understand. You will laugh.

4. The Person that Trips You To Get Away from the Zombies: Victor. Completely in character and I don’t forgive him even a little bit.

via Goodreads

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

5. The Idiot of the Team: Charlie Swan. I don’t think Charlie is stupid, of course, but if Bella and Edward are still committed to telling him things on a “need to know” basis then yeah, he might not even realize there are zombies about until they’re already defeated.

6. The Brains of the Team: Jacob. Well. Maybe we will die. Maybe we won’t. It isn’t that he’s stupid… it’s just… he is a very emotional boy. Good leader, and probably a great weapon against zombies. Just… emotional.

via Goodreads

Mothership by Martin Leicht and Isla Neal

7. The Team’s Medic: Bob. Well, he really is more of a gung-ho leader who leads people fearlessly into battle in the name of saving his species, but… Well. He wasn’t all that excited about stopping to deliver a baby, so if you get shot, you might just have to suck it up.

8. The Weapons Expert: Cole. Oh dear. I mean, I’m sure Cole knows a lot of things about weapons, he is also just dumb as a brick. It’s cute, but probably not that cute when you have fifty zombies behind you. Hoo boy.

via Goodreads

Cress by Marissa Meyer

9. The Brawler: Cinder. Well, it’s not really her style, but I suppose, being a cyborg and all, that she can adjust to the task if needed.

10. The Team Captain: Thorne. Oh goodie. I mean, not only will he be a hilarious team captain, but he’ll also make Jacob and Bob feel like they are stupid every day of the week. Maybe he will need Cinder there to be his impulse control.


And there we have it! My zombie apocalypse team. Will we live? Will we die? I have no idea. However, I have to say, if I were looking for better examples of leadership, cunning, bravery, and kickassery, then I would be hard-pressed to improve. I guess that’s something.

I shall to tagging Victoria and Imogen and Alex very.

Who would you want on your zombie apocalypse team?


10 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tag!!! I LOVE zombies. Love them. This is going to be fun....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Glad to have added some zombies to your day. :)

      Delete
  2. I like this tag a lot! It's a bit depressing but oh well. I might try it some time (because I'm totally a rebellious tag thief, see)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? We have a time-honored tradition of depressing things around here. Totally steal the tag, though! I'd love to see your answers. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag! And yes, Thorne is quite obviously team captain. No other choice makes sense (except, you know, the actual leaders of a country like Cinder or Kai but whatever).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Well fortunately Thorne is not being in charge of a country and only in charge of ten other people in this scenario. I guess. Maybe there's more. I dunno.

      Delete
  4. LOL, I love it! Thorne as Team Captain = YES. And Jacob as brains... enh... I've always been a fan of the boy, but as the brains of your team?
    Then again, I have Omar so I'm one to talk. :p


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY THORNE. And yeah, Jacob's aight, I just... the brains... the brains... the brains... lol.

      Yeah. XD Sucks to be you.

      Delete
  5. I like the Vicious and Eclipse ones. I agree Victor will sacrifice someone, and Mitch will be the one that forgives him. :') Charlie and Sydney, rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun, eh? Good of Mitch to be nice, though. And I am sad because I don't want Charlie to be dead. :/

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!