|Flickr Credit: MELISSA MATHIES|
- pick five books (favorites or random, but know the characters)
- write the name of the books on strips of paper
- draw one strip randomly for the first question
- open to a random page and use the first name you see to answer the first question
- use the same book for question two, but turn to a different page
- repeat steps 2-5 until you’ve answered all the questions
The setup is so much faster this way.
Dreadnought by Mark Walden1. The First Person to Die: Jason Drake. Praise the Lord. This guy is like Steve Jobs, but with plans to set off the volcano in Yosemite and kill us all. Him getting eaten by zombies is a best-case scenario.
2. The Person You Trip to Get Away from the Zombies: Diabolus Darkdoom. In what world am I going to be faster than Diabolus Darkdoom? He’s one of the world’s most prominent supervillains and he must have a foot on me. (Also, if I trip him and he lives, I am going to be facing a world of pain when this is all over.)
Vicious by V.E. Schwab3. The First Person to Turn Into a Zombie: Sydney. Is it more ironic that she already is one or that, well—read the book. You will understand. You will laugh.
4. The Person that Trips You To Get Away from the Zombies: Victor. Completely in character and I don’t forgive him even a little bit.
Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer5. The Idiot of the Team: Charlie Swan. I don’t think Charlie is stupid, of course, but if Bella and Edward are still committed to telling him things on a “need to know” basis then yeah, he might not even realize there are zombies about until they’re already defeated.
6. The Brains of the Team: Jacob. Well. Maybe we will die. Maybe we won’t. It isn’t that he’s stupid… it’s just… he is a very emotional boy. Good leader, and probably a great weapon against zombies. Just… emotional.
Mothership by Martin Leicht and Isla Neal7. The Team’s Medic: Bob. Well, he really is more of a gung-ho leader who leads people fearlessly into battle in the name of saving his species, but… Well. He wasn’t all that excited about stopping to deliver a baby, so if you get shot, you might just have to suck it up.
8. The Weapons Expert: Cole. Oh dear. I mean, I’m sure Cole knows a lot of things about weapons, he is also just dumb as a brick. It’s cute, but probably not that cute when you have fifty zombies behind you. Hoo boy.
Cress by Marissa Meyer9. The Brawler: Cinder. Well, it’s not really her style, but I suppose, being a cyborg and all, that she can adjust to the task if needed.
10. The Team Captain: Thorne. Oh goodie. I mean, not only will he be a hilarious team captain, but he’ll also make Jacob and Bob feel like they are stupid every day of the week. Maybe he will need Cinder there to be his impulse control.
And there we have it! My zombie apocalypse team. Will we live? Will we die? I have no idea. However, I have to say, if I were looking for better examples of leadership, cunning, bravery, and kickassery, then I would be hard-pressed to improve. I guess that’s something.
I shall to tagging Victoria and Imogen and Alex very.