Friday, July 22, 2016

Maybe I Will Write About Something Else on Fridays

Seattle
Flickr Credit: Tiffany Von Arnim

I don’t know if you knew this, but I have a blogging schedule.

Mondays I talk about writing. Wednesdays I write about reading. Thursdays and Fridays alternate between talking about reading, villains, and blogging. Today I am supposed to talk about blogging, but I don’t want to.

To be fair, I usually don’t. Most Fridays when I am supposed to talk about blogging, I use a tag to create some semblance of talking about blogging. It’s social, anyway—I like that bit. With tags you can call someone out for interacting with you and then interact with others. It keeps me social and active in my blogging community.

But “blogging” isn’t the umbrella title I want to use for what I do these days. I don’t write about how to be a blogger, and I don’t want to. Are you looking to increase your followers? Well, don’t look at me. Do you want to know how to format your blog? You don’t want to enlist my help. Are you trying to find a better way to connect with your audience? Nice try—run along and Google it, okay? Point is, the mechanics of blogging isn’t my main focus here.

I don’t know what I want to replace “blogging days” with, though. I like the format I have set up. It works for me. But what do I put here? Should I have another day of discussion? Should Wednesdays be reserved for books and Fridays for television? Should I make it a day to focus on being social? Would someone be interested in updates on my college experience? Or maybe I could choose a particular lens to focus on during those days. That’s an option, too.

It’s something I’ll have to think about. I could leave things the way they are, but that would be of no help to anyone. Also, by sharing my own feelings right now, perhaps you will have pertinent responses relating to your interest in the subjects I speak about and would like to see more of. Though if we’re sharing feelings, I want to be honest. There’s a spider trapped in the light fixture in the bathroom and it’s been there for like, a whole day, but I’m too chicken to get it down and kill it because its silhouette is big. I did just kill a bigger spider, though. Man, it’s legspan was like an inch and a half across! Yuck.

Anyway, the point is that maybe something will change around here soon, and we’ll do something else on Fridays like these. But not today. I did a tag on Wednesday. I am many things, but I’m not the kind of person who posts two tags in a week.

That’s final.

How do you decide what your blog schedule will look like?


14 comments :

  1. Oooh I like the idea of choosing a particular lens to focus on on those days, because that'd be super interesting for me. And my blog schedule is all over the place, with me only currently posting once a month and all.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would be interesting! Not sure if I'd be good at it, but it's still worth considering. :) And yeah, limited time can make for a diverse range of posts. :)

      Delete
  2. I think you should write what you want to write or what you feel like writing,you might feel less pressure and enjoy it more.
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-best-basic-bloggers-buyers-bin-new.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, writing without a schedule actually makes me feel more pressured and less happy. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I typically try to do one post a week, or one post ever two weeks, but other than that I'm not very organized. Sometimes I wish I was, but the system I have works for me, and I feel like blogging, of all the different types of writing I do, should be the most informal and spontaneous.

    All of your ideas for new Friday posts sound great, but I'd love to hear more about your college experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That it works for you is the most important thing! Whatever you post, I always end up enjoying it for sure. :)

      I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for visiting, Alex!

      Delete
  4. I would be pretty interested in your college experience, since I'm totally in denial about it. But when I'm writing posts, I like to have a lot of freedom, which means I can write whatever I please without forcing myself to do a specific topic. So maybe you should try that? *shrugs* I guess you could choose a specific lens too, or maybe you could post a book review, if you need book review-ly motivation like me (I basically wouldn't review at all otherwise, let's be honest). but in case you hadn't noticed, this is your blog, so you should do whatever you want ;) (btw, my blogging schedule is to write posts twice a week every other week, normally on tuesdays and fridays. I'd like to do more posts but I'm also busy with other stuff *sighs*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that, too, for a long time. :) And I appreciate that the freedom makes your blog work so well, but believe me—having the freedom to do whatever I want on my blog just makes me feel cluttered and unhappy. It's fine that you don't post five million times a week! Blogging doesn't have to be your highest priority. :)

      Delete
  5. All those ideas sound great, but I'd love to hear more about your college experiences! You also do really great discussions, but at the end of the day it's your blog. Write about something you'll enjoy writing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'll think about both of those. :) There may be a few days when I'm transitioning into what I want to talk about, but yes. Ultimately, I'm going to pick something I like.

      Delete
  6. Oooh, big-silhouetted spider in light fixture--not good. I suggest buying a new home. As for your blogging schedule, you could maybe make it a mixture of things, a catch-all of sorts. It would be nice to hear about your college updates. But it would also be nice to read any other random things you have to say.

    I know that's probably not helpful. I'm not really helpful this early in the morning. But whatever you write, I will enjoy reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. I outwaited him and now he is DEAD because HE STARVED. Mwahahahahahaha. That would be a possibility. It sounds like there's a lot of openings and Fridays tend to be grab-baggy already. So that might be it.

      Thanks for your encouragement, Liz! :)

      Delete
  7. OMG I HATE SPIDERS!!! ICCHHH!! As Liz said, I suggest buying a new home.

    And honestly, I'd be interested in any of these ideas, though posting about the college experience would be especially cool (not many of the other bloggers I've found really talk about balancing school and blogging and stuff and it would be interesting to get someone else's perspective). Maybe you could alternate with a different subject for each Friday of the month (like college on the first Friday, TV on the second, Tags on the third, and How To Buy A New Home After Yours Is Invaded By Spiders on the 4th ;) ).


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've outlasted the spider. Its corpse is curled up in the light fixture by this point.

      Sure, I didn't realize there was so much of an interest, but I could do that, or at least try. I do alternate on Fridays a little bit, since it was already split between villains and blogging, but at this point it is going to be villains and something else. We'll see what happens!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!