Friday, June 3, 2016

What Social Media Do You Use?

I have been telling myself that I need to be better at social media for a long time. Facebook reminds me that it has been about three months since I posted on the Sometimes I'm a Story Facebook page, and I've sort of stopped tweeting anything blog related.

And it isn't that I don't like social media, because I go on it all the time. I just don't like talking about me on my social media. Or maybe not me specifically but definitely not what I write about. Which is bad, because being in a blogging community sort of requires talking about writing, your own and that of others, because blogging involves writing. Whoda thunk.

Anyway, I'd like to get better about reaching out to people on social media, for selfish reasons and some less selfish ones. If you have three minutes, I'd love to hear about your social media habits and how I can catch up with you online. Thanks for your thoughts, guys!

(If you can't see the form below for some reason, BEHOLD: the link.)

11 comments :

  1. I have so much social media to keep up with, because I have my 'Opal' social media, and my social media for 'real life'. I always want to be better at keeping up with everything, but timmmme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is extra confusing. D: mine is all the same, so I have that going for me. And I know, the time thing is what really kills me. XD

      Delete
  2. I got twitter yesterday, just to use it for blogging and random thoughts I guess? I'm still getting the hang of it. I use facebook as a page for school newspaper, plus my personal stuff, and goodreads is just books, so I felt like twitter could do more blog promotion But I'm not that concerned about followers and stuff-- it's jsut a good way to keep abreast of what's happening. And for the record, I liked your facebook page, but facebook is annoying with hiding your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'd love to see your blogging and random thoughts. :) I also think that Twitter is great for news in a way that Facebook and Goodreads especially aren't—I tend to get a lot of my news from Twitter these days, especially in the book and blogging worlds! And also, that is annoying. I do appreciate when you like my posts, though, even though I only do it once in a blue moon. XD

      Delete
  3. Submitted! I used to really dislike Twitter, but now I love it. It's such as easy way to be a presence in between blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I used to think Twitter was pointless, but now I really enjoy it. It is well worth the while, I think. :)

      Delete
    2. Woah, that used to be me. Except I separate it from my blog.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this is an awesome poll/thingy/whatever's it's called. I hope you'll be sharing the results, yes? Because this is a stat I most definitely want to know. :P

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course! I'm not sure when it's going to fit into my blogging schedule, but I'll definitely share the results when they're ready!

      Delete
  5. I'm not a huge social media user (as you might know) mainly because I have a lot of things to do and I'm really good at procrastinating and I don't need more reasons to procrastinate. ( Blogloving and blogging already delays homework, music practice, etc.) This is super interesting though !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, social media can totally deplete your time... You really need to have a good way to get a hold of your schedule if you decide to use a lot of it. But still, glad you were interested!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!