Friday, April 15, 2016

The Sunshine Blogger Award

Kaboom, it is a tag. Thank you to Jameson of Lovely Whatsoevers for tagging me! Here’s to sunshine, and open-ended prompts that leave you second-guessing everything you ever knew about yourself. Or thought you did.

Xeerarka:
Thank the blogger who nominated you for the award.
Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
Nominate 5 bloggers that you admire.

1. One time I found a dried up dead snake at the park and I brought it home and named it Ferdinand and it was the coolest thing ever until my mom threw him away.

2. One time I made my best friend watch a whole Riverdance VHS because I wanted to watch the Les Mis 10th Anniversary commercial at the beginning. (Also, I love Riverdance.)

3. One time I wrote a paper for my philosophy final in which Socrates, Martin Luther King Jr., Virginia Held, John Stuart Mill, and I all watched Avengers: Age of Ultron and debated the  merits of building Ultron.

4. One time I took the AP Calculus AB test and it was hard but I gave it a try but meanwhile Victor-who-wore-waistcoats-sometimes drew the best drawing of a tree I’ve ever seen instead of doing his constructed responses.

5. One time we were practicing for the AP tests in the old home ec room and I opened all the cabinets and drawers and no one could stop me because I am a free person.

6. One time I held Rosie the Tarantula at the Bug Pavilion because I am brave.

7. One time I convinced some of my friends who were boys to eat peeled branches from trees and apparently it was not the worst thing they’d ever been encouraged to eat.


From elementary school to college, I have had quite of a time of it, ha ha ha.

NOW I TAG the peoples Opal, Victoria, Shar, Shanti, and Liz. Yay me!

What is an interesting “one time” you have to tell me about?

18 comments :

  1. ONE TIME I WAS GOING TO TAKE THE CALCULUS AB TEST IN TWO WEEKS AND WAS REALLY REALLY SCARED. that said... mocks are okay. One time I had to go to Dehli for the weekend and was still commenting on people blogs instead of doing homework and projects and charging devices. Now you knos somethings about me at them moment. Yay? fun tag, Heather. This may just supplement my posts for the next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH GOOD LUCK! And have fun on your weekend trip that was like last weekend oops. Enjoy doing the tag yourself!

      Delete
  2. Peeled branches from trees, when seasoned appropriately, can be quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time, I went to a dentist appointment and got myself locked in the bathroom by accident. I missed my appointment and my dentist was pretty pissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...ouch, man. That would be terrible! I'm sorry you missed your appointment. :/

      Delete
  4. One time I rubbed purple marker all over a salt and vinegar crisp, thinking it would improve the taste. It didn't. I did this before I was 6 so yeah... (don't think I'm crazy xD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, sometimes it is our 6-year-old ideas that make the best stories. Besides, why shouldn't it be the case? We put red things on hot dogs to make them taste like tomatoes, so why not put purple on chips to make them taste like... whatever?

      Delete
  5. Wait wait?! You love Riverdance too?! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, the first one literally made me laugh out loud to myself.

    One time my friend made us watch all of Lord of the Dance with her, also a VHS. She fast-forwarded all the bits she didn't like and also narrated the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Good. It was meant to do that. :D

      Agh, I didn't do that! That sounds like it would be pretty annoying. I would probably send my friends into timeout if they did that to me.

      Delete
  7. I really want to read your philosophy paper. Like, really really want to read it. I should have done that. *regrets everything* And peeled branches? That is certainly interesting. Although I'm not sure if I want to know what the worst thing they'd been encouraged to eat was.

    And thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might put it up online soon, so if I do, I'll make sure to send you the link!

      Yeah, I don't know. Fourth grade boys are weird.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  8. I love this! Esp #7 and #1. (RIP Ferdinand, though I guess he was already RIPing when you found him, though not that much P considering he got carried around and then thrown out ...)

    One time I read a post by Victoria listing her fave blogs and found your blog and followed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think we gave him a very peaceful resting place. :P The one pet I've ever owned was dead and we STILL treated him badly.

      Ooh, well, thank you for following!

      Delete
  9. *feels glad she is not a boy* *feels more glad she is not a boy* *sighs in relief* I recently took a calc AB mock and this boy didn't bring a calculator so he left a lot of the things blank. And thank you for the tag :) I think Shanti will do it. Rosie is the cutest name for a tarantula I have ever heard. One time there was a seven legged spider in our bathroom and he was called Steven the Uneven. This just reiterates your awesomeness to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys do dumb things sometimes, yes. (Though girls do too.) HA STEVEN THE UNEVEN THAT IS SUCH A GREAT NAME. *highly approves* Thanks, Shar!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!