Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pixar Book Tag

Sometimes I save stuff for myself to do them later, and then I find out that I meant to steal The Pixar Book Tag from Nova at Out of Time when she did it last July. Well, February is kind of like July. Right? Of course right. On to the tag!

via
Your Favorite Pixar Movie | either The Incredibles or Inside Out. <3

Toy Story: Your Favorite Childhood Book You Never Grew Out Of | the Myth-o-Mania series by Kate McMullen is silly and ridiculous in terms of Greek Mythology but secretly I am an eight-year-old so

via
A Bug’s Life: A Book That Felt Too Similar To Another Popular One | I don’t have a really popular comparison to make, but I will say that the end of Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen kind of disappointed me because it was that “girl takes on government and wins” scenario and it was not different enough to enthuse me

Monsters Inc: A Villain That You Couldn’t Hate | Mr. Gabriel of Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudson is too hot and too demonically sexy to hate

via
Finding Nemo: Best Family Relationship in a Book | Liraz, Haziel, and Akiva from Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor have kept my heart bleeding lately

The Incredibles: A Superpower of a Character You Wish You Had | y’know… I don’t actually envy superpowers all that much, I just like to read about them

via
Cars: A Book Where the Characters Go on a Road Trip/Travel a Lot | can Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones count because I don’t really like road trip books

Ratatouille: Your Favorite Sidekick in a Book | as much as he would hate for me to say it I feel like Carswell Thorne is Cinder’s sidekick (from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer) and he is glamorous while being so

via
WALL-E: Your Favorite Dystopian/Series | either The Giver by Lois Lowry or The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood because I don’t really like dystopias and these two are blessedly critical

Up: The Most Beautiful Romance You’ve Ever Read | Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples is pretty darn adorable, even though it makes my heart break wide open every time I get a new issue

via
Brave: The Most Badass Character You’ve Ever Read | Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy features a young woman named Genya and she does not need fixing

Inside Out: A Book That Gave You All the Feels | More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera was a roller coaster because I read the ending and it still surprised me and blew me out of the water

And in the spirit of laziness and procrastination, I’m not going to tag anyone, either. If you too would like to follow my example and do the tag eight months from now in November or something, be my guest!

If November is a little far away for you, you tell me! What is your favorite Pixar movie and what book would you categorize with it?


4 comments :

  1. So THAT'S what the US edition of days and blood and starlight looks like! (The uk one I think I have is prettier imo) This is a very fun tag, although I admit I haven't watched all of Toy story (or the sequels), Cars, Monsters Inc. or A Bug's Life. I did watch inside out a few months ago and I thought it was so so good. (realises this is all about movies) I really need to read A Handmaid's tale and More Happy Than not and quite a few other ones. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one, so I might have to look it up. Cars is not really good, Toy Story is worth watching through at least once... Monsters Inc. is funny. That one's good. And A Bug's Life isn't the best but it reminds me of my childhood so there's that. XD Both of those books are worth checking out! :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this is an interesting idea for a book tag. For me, I think my favourite Pixar movie is probably WALL-E. And instantly I forget every dystopian book I ever read. Though 'Frozen' by Melissa De La Cruz and Michael Johnston springs to mind as a really interesting one I enjoyed more recently. Gotta get on with the rest of that series sometime. 'The Giver' is amazing too. Love that book so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Way to go, brainpower. WALL-E is totally cute, I agree, and I haven't read that one. I might have to look it up. I also like The Giver, and its movie, for that matter. Thanks for reading, Imogen!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!