It is that exciting time of year when everyone share their statistics and survey results and things, and I am no more original than the next blogger. In fact, I know I’m doing things at least two other bloggers have done, so… oops.
|Flickr Credit: Dafne Cholet|
2015 In ReviewHow was writing, Heather? It was okay, thanks for asking.
How was reading, Heather? It was good. I haven’t totaled up my December books yet. I’ll do that in another post.
How was blogging, Heather? It was decent. These were the five most popular posts of this year:
1. Dear Extroverts (Another Response Post)
2. How Do You Write a Blog Post?
3. Reading at a Distance (A Response Post)
4. Fan Month: I Declare (Plus Giveaway)
5. GUEST POST: Five Reasons NOT to Leave Comments, with Aimee Meester
Also, these are my five favorite posts:
1. Why Christians Should Support #WeNeedDiverseBooks
2. You Shouldn’t Care That I Love My Kindle
3. In Which PMS is Like Writer's Block
4. Bloodlines: Who’s Your Daddy?
5. Announcing Heather the Blog Designer (I still go back and giggle at the comments sometimes)
That’s all that matters, I think.
Next order of business: the survey. Thank you to everyone who submitted a response! I’m not going to say that some criticism was kind of depressing, but it’s definitely given me a better idea of what I want to do and how I plan on working over the course of the year. I plan on doing these things:
- I’ll stick to main themes of reading, writing, and blogging. Most of you seem pretty chill with those main topics, to varying degrees.
- I’ll explore different themes. Many of you seemed most interested in more personal posts, but I’m most interested in philosophical and feminist discussions. It’ll probably be a mix.
- I’ll adjust WBI. I’m saving this for a further discussion next week, but about a third of responders did not want them to keep existing, so we’ll chat before I make any final decisions.
- I’ll do my best to comment back. As you may have noticed these last few months, I’ve been falling into the ranks of the inconsistent and floundering bloggers, but I’ll do my best to keep up with you guys. Also, some of you said I’ve NEVER commented on your blog before and if you think I need a refresher on where I blog, please send me your blog’s web address again so I can come visit you!
- I’ll try to do something with social media. I later realized I should have put that in the survey. Oops. As it is, it’s probably going to be a summer project, so I shan’t worry much.
- I’ll work on a design change. I’m not looking forward to it at all, because I have no eye or hand for web design and it takes a million hours, but I know I have to do some cleaning up. If you know anyone who is really great at blog designs and doesn’t ask for any money, hook a sister up, okay?