Two years. I have been blogging for two years. That’s like ten percent of my life so far. That’s kind of a lot. But then, I like blogging kind of a lot. Either way, I have good reason to celebrate.
If I recall correctly from my most boring post, I promised three things: a video, a giveaway, and a game-ish tag thing. So, allow me to get started in sharing those three things.
First, the video. Ta-da! It is me and Elizabeth, here to answer all your questions. We picked at least one question from everyone who asked, but we could not get to them all—perhaps we shall answer some more in a later post.
I have no video editing software, so you get us talking in all our uncut glory. Also, it is good I invited Elizabeth to do this with me because she and I have different skills. Hers fall into the category of looking at the camera and talking to you and being generally articulate and mine include not looking at the camera and wearing my Wicked jacket for the fifth time in a video of this sort on accident.
***also, just so you know that I know, it turns out that there are still Mongols, but there are not still Mongol hoards conquering and pillaging, which is what we were thinking of. Oops.
The second order of business is the giveaway. As I said before, I’m giving away a critique of ten pages of your writing. There are no country restrictions (though I’m only going to be useful to you if your stuff is in English), but your writing will have to be in 12-point Times New Roman and all that jazz, because I have standards. Once you win, we’ll talk details.
Also, I have changed my mind from what I said earlier, and it is no longer okay to kill, maim, or otherwise debilitate other people who have entered the giveaway to ensure your win because I think that would probably be immoral.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
And, lastly, in the spirit of celebrating blogs, I thought it would be fun to do a blog tag the way we sometimes do book tags. It’s always good to keep writing new posts, but sometimes as your blog gets older, some of the good ones can get buried in the mix. That is why I am bringing you this tag, so that you may highlight the wonders of your own blog for the rest of us to see.
- What was your first post? When did you write it?
- What is your most popular post?
- What is your favorite post?
- What are some particularly emotional posts you’ve written? (And it doesn’t necessarily have to be weepy—you could be ecstatic or enraged or disgusted, if that applies.)
- Have you ever written particularly a particularly controversial post?
- What is your most humorous post?
- Have you ever given/received/exchanged guest posts?
- What are some things you want to blog about but haven’t gotten to yet?
- What is the best thing about your blog?
- And, for the heck of it—what are a few of your favorite blogs (that, if it wasn’t implied, are not yours)?
Let the celebrations begin! *sprinkles confetti and sprinkles over everyone’s heads* And, to everyone, thanks for making Sometimes I’m a Story a super awesome experience for me. Thanks for your presence and your awesomeness—here’s to another year of more of the same!