Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The ABBA Book Tag

The great-and-powerful Shanti of Weaving Waves Words has tagged me for the ABBA book tag! Tags are fun which is why I’m more than willing to do this, plus, who does not need a little ABBA in their lives?


The Rules: 

  • Use this image (or not, but ideally use this one because it’s sort of pretty) 
  • If you haven’t listened to ABBA before, go do that before you begin. 
  • Link to the person who tagged you. 
  • Find books that match the categories. 
  • Tag some other people 
  • Have fun. 
  • If you want to add other ABBA songs/lyrics and make more categories, you can do that too, and it will be awesome. 
via Goodreads

Take a Chance on Me (a book you unexpectedly liked)

I read Vicious by V.E. Schwab because I had heard other bloggers talk about it and I was curious to know of it, and I read it, and it was both a challenge and a pleasure to read!

The Winner Takes it All (an overhyped book)

I’m going to say Rick Riordan’s books, but not because of the books themselves. The occasional Percy Jackson meme shows up in my Facebook or Pinterest feeds, and sometimes the fans act like they’d sacrifice a baby to the Greek Gods if Rick Riordan could produce another book overnight. Like, yes, love your books, but also: chill.

via Goodreads

Waterloo (an amazing historical fiction book)

No such thing. Just kidding, just kidding. They aren’t all—well, never mind. READ WHAT PLEASES YOU. As it is, I personally enjoyed The Dirty Parts of the Bible by Sam Torode because it was funny and allegorical and intriguing.

You’re Only A Child (a recently published book)

Six of Crows! I’m only partway through because I haven’t had as much time for reading as I’d like right now but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve read so far!

via mashable

I Have A Dream (a favorite, ‘ideal’ book)

*sigh* Don’t talk to me.

Dancing Queen (a book with royalty)

But there are so many?! If you insist, then fine, I will choose Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot. It was amusing and nostalgic but annoying and cliché so I will leave you to sort out those feelings because I can’t.

AND a really good royalty series would be the Enchanted Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede.

via Amazon

Money, Money Money (a book you’re willing to pay lots for, because it’s awesome)

I will pay lots of money for George O’Connor’s Olympians graphic novel series one day, because it is the most beautiful Greek Mythology series, but I’m kind of hanging back because I’d really like to have a box set with ALL THE BOOKS IN THE WHOLE SERIES even though that may take some years.

Lay All Your Love on Me (a book that needs more attention)

Books always need some attention! But I might say the the Saga graphic novels by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples. I adore them. Graphic graphic novels are fun.

via Goodreads

Here We Go Again (a book that seemed to copy another book)

Hmm… I think I’m going to say the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. It has a lot of elements similar to Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings, but it’s also unique and enticing in its own way. I always love revisiting old plots in different costumes, so I admire the craft that went into Eragon!

S.O.S. (a book that should get in trouble and NOT be rescued)

Coming to God by William F. Kraft. Sooner or later I am going to write a furious review on Amazon because it was not worth my time, at all.

via Goodreads

Knowing Me, Knowing You (a book you know a lot about for whatever reason)

I would feel comfortable saying Percy Jackson, because I once made an entire spreadsheet of every character in the first five books in a fangirl-spurned fervor, but also I would maybe say H.I.V.E. by Mark Walden. When the seventh book first came out I read it in a day and then brought it to my best friend to read and then she would laugh and I would say the part she just laughed at from memory because I had absorbed it so fervently.

Our Last Summer (a book you took on vacation)

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo was a reread for me on my Barcelona trip in 2014. We didn’t like Barcelona as much as we liked Madrid and so we spent more time in our hotel room, so I might have read the book in a full day. I don’t remember.

via Goodreads

Souper Trooper (a book that cheers you up)

Howl’s Moving Castle was probably the most adorable thing I’d read in a really long time. WHY DIDN’T I BELIEVE EVERYONE THAT IT WAS GENIUS? *sighs dreamily* It was a happy-maker.

Thank You for the Music (a book that inspired you)

Oh, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. You know why.


Thanks for the lovely tag, Shanti, and I pass this tag onto Romi, Alexa, and Bailey! Have fun!

You know the drill! Answer me two questions; I’m sure I’ll never not be in need of new books recommendations.

6 comments :

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you did this, Heather. I I liked the categories you added. Six of Crows is pretty awesome... enjoy! I agree with all your choices I've read. (though maybe we should agree to disagree on historical fiction?) I need to read all these books. I think I might get Howl's moving Castle out from the library (once my library ban ends because I've read all my library books. I have a library problem) The Inheritance cycle is awesome, but it does copy (especially from orcs. But dragons are fabulous) Though I already did this, I'll say: I have Carry On in my many-library books group, which was published pretty recently and a book that inspires me is Chanda's War's by Allan stratton (also, it fits lay all your love on me) It's about compassion and friendship and war and courage. Goodness knows we all need some compassion sometimes. Thanks so much for doing this tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shanti! I loved Six of Crow (I have finished it) and it was soooo gooood. (But yeah. I like westerns but other than that historical fiction bugs me.) You should definitely read Howl's Moving Castle; I can imagine you very much enjoying it! Those sound like good books, though, will you talk about them on WWW at all?

      Delete
  2. Yay! I didn't write the tag, but if it weren't for me Shanti wouldn't be awesome... just kidding but seriously, I'm glad you did this. Eragon does have a lot of tropes, but I love it anyway. Also, I really should read H.I.V.E, since you spend so much time raving about it. The dirty Parts of the Bible also sounds good, so yes. Thank you for indirect recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know what they say about twins. I love Eragon, too, and I not-so-humbly-but-definitely-always encourage everyone to read H.I.V.E. just cuz that's who I am. Dirty Parts is definitely an adult book, but I also highly recommend it. :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh, thank for tagging me! I didn't listen to ABBA before reading (I know, I'm a rulebreaker), but I shall definitely have to before I do this tag. *nods*

    I haven't read most of these (except Percy Jackson of course), but I'm definitely intrigued by a lot of what you said. Especially about HIVE and Howl's Moving Castle. I shall have to find both of those soon.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LISTEN TO THE ABBA. Eet ees good, I am certain of it.

      I think you would be good with H.I.V.E. and I think Howl's Moving Castle is really cute, so you can't go wrong with either. But yeah. H.I.V.E. <3

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!