Sunday, August 2, 2015

July Wrap-Up

As you may know, I don’t usually do wrap-ups, but this one is announcement-y and this seemed the best way to getter done. And you know that this is important, because not that I don’t like blogging, but if there’s a good excuse to not write an extra blog post, then I will take it.

Alas, I’m not taking it today.

via Bearable Blog

Writer’s Life


I finally caved and got a MyWriteClub account, and it is nice and I like it. If you want to see my progress as I don’t get work done, you can click through or look up my username: HeroineHiding.

via Letters from Avonlea

Blogger’s Life


I organized; posts that I need to complete have been moved into a To-Do folder. This is what it looks like:


If there are any titles you fancy, be sure to let me know, because I could prioritize them.

via Upworthy

Reader’s Life


I had a kind of disappointing reading month. Most of the books I read were okay, but I think the best book I read was the first book I finished all month, which means that everything went downhill from there. The Opal Deception graphic novel was superb, but nothing hit that mark of awesomeness again.

via Photobucket

Blogosphere Business


via Buzzfeed

Coming Up

  • This Monday through Friday, I will discuss my travels in [PLACE] with [PERSON] and the [EVENT] we went to
  • I wrote a post on musicals at two in the morning and I don’t think I should waste that effort
  • I watched Rent on Thursday by the way which has nothing to do with what’s coming up but NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS SAD JUST THAT IT WAS AWESOME AND I AM LOOKING AT YOU GNO
  • Also I have the seeds of a post comparing PMS to writer’s block so we’ll see if I pull that off
  • The last of this summer’s Fangirl posts shall appear

And, on that note, my college days basically begin August 20. I feel like that is important to announce because while I have no intentions of stopping blogging, I have no idea what college is going to do to me. NO IDEAS. I ask for your patience in advance as I transition, and apologize for the weirdness because maybe I’ll have to change the blogging schedule or something.

But, at least we had a good summer, right?

One last thing before I stop clogging up your Sunday: thank you to everyone who participated in the poll in the sidebar! If you missed them, the results looked like this:

Thanks so much for your help! (And, may I just say, it’s weird realizing that half-ish of my readers are younger than me. But it is still chill.)

I think that is all of the important stuff. Be free, bloglings, be free.

What did you enjoy during July? What plans do you have for your blog during August?

12 comments :

  1. Oh college! How exciting! (I'm stuck in high school, but it's actually good because I have no idea what to do with my life and I loooove high school. This year I have great teachers for quite a few subjects (although they've only taught me for a few days) which is good.) I liked July for holidays, reading, relaxing, and things, although other aspects have been quite hard. My blog plans for August: Don't know but we have a 1st blogoversary so Shanti and I will do something (new design? Party?) and I've scheduled a few posts, reviews, unpopular opinions, writing ideas. I still want to hear about what you did on this mysterious trip! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, college! I have no idea what to do with my life either, but I'm glad you have great teachers. I hope you have a great school year! I look forward to seeing your first blogaversary—both those ideas sound fun! I can't wait to see what happens in August! :D

      Delete
  2. Ah, college is very exciting. And scary, but I don't have to worry about that yet, so I'll leave all the worry to you. (Really, though, good luck when that starts!)
    July was a weird/slow month for me for lots of reasons, but not all bad. And I definitely appreciated your blog posts, so thanks so much for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, there's a mix. I hope you have a good time as you keep working your way up there, and thanks!

      I know you had a very busy July, but that's okay. Like you said, everyone deserves a break.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing my post! And I can't wait to see what you have to say about musicals.
    Oh goodness, college! I'm not there yet, but from what I've heard, I'm not sure if I should congratulate you or send a condolence card, lol. Either way, I hope you do well and I hope you're able to keep posting! :)

    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbositybookreviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! The musical post is long. Really long. But you'll handle it.

      XD Well, I think there will be joys and tears yet to come, so thanks for your support and here's to new academic adventures. :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with college!! EXCITING AND SCARY, YES?!! I hope it's a smooths start for you. And July was great for me...great reading wise. Crying editing wise. (But seriously that's all I do when I edit, so someone should just gag me and tell me to get on with it but it's sooo haaaard. *flops*) AWK and thanks for sharing my post too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is exciting and scary, indeed. It's good that you got to read, although tell me about editing. I've avoided it all month and now that it's August I'm just getting started again... blah. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with college!! :) You'll have to do some posts about what it's like :)

    I look forward to the posts you have coming in August. They sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure college is going to bleed into my posts, just as high school did. We'll see.

      I hope you like them when they get here!

      Delete
  6. Wow, your list is pretty long! I quite like the sound of the confessions of an introvert - I was planning a 'just introvert things' post myself. Personality things are interesting and appeal to everyone. :) Good luck with college! Hollywood makes college look so fun, with all the friend-making and partying and whatnot. I suspect it's 90% hard work though (just a suspicion). :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way long. Confessions of an Introvert aren't "just introvert things" per se, but on that note. I would hope you guys would like it. Thanks for the wishes, and I will be able to tell you later with more confidence that it's more work than 90%.

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!