Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Infinity Dreams Award

Madam Opal of Opal Swirls and Madam Cassia of Dimensions of My Universe and Madam Willa Nicole of Willa Nicole Scribblings have all tagged me for the Infinity Dreams Award. Thanks, ladies!

Rules: 

1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.

I will give eleven facts presently.

I like blueberry waffles. | I dislike orange. | Simba is my favorite Disney prince. | And Naveen. | Also Eric, to be honest. | I am going to see The Lion King in November. | “Brown Betty” is among my favorite Fringe episodes. | I don’t have Netflix. | I have a sister who sews. | I don’t know what my major will be. | My basement is being remodeled so I sleep in the living room.

Opal’s Questions

What do you miss about your childhood? | Not being expected to have a job, not stressing over unemployment, not stressing over the lack of desire to get a job.

Lots of friends or a few good friends? | Just a few friends.

Winter evenings or Summer mornings? | Winter evenings. I like winter mornings too, when the sky is so gray it is red, but that was not an option.

Coast or inland? | Inland. No hurricanes, less drowning, no water animals, no routine water damage.

via Dose
Where and what would your dream house be like? | An apartment with no yard, no peanut butter, and maybe a cat. There would be a TV and a couch.

Do you tend to organize or leave messes? | I leave messes, but I know where everything is in the mess, which is what counts.

What sort of music do you like? | Er, mostly rock, Broadway showtunes, and anything from the eighties. I did a post on it.

Humphrey and Oliver as babies
Do you have any pets? | No, but my sister has a rat. She got rid of the brown one on Monday because he kept attacking the black one.

Do you live in the country or city? | I live in the suburbs of a city. But it’s Colorado. If I drive four minutes up the hill to Safeway, I get a beautiful overview of the city. Eight minutes downhill and there are horses eating in their paddock.

Do you play an instrument? If so, what? | Nope! But I can play the beginning of Harry Potter on the piano.

Would you like to visit New Zealand someday? | Sure, I guess? Are you paying for my ride?

Maybe if Legolas was there, an affirmative.

Cassia’s Questions

Do you prefer land or sea? | As much as I love The Little Mermaid, land.

What's one food that you always refuse to eat? | Squash. Yuck. That is all.

What's the most played song in your iTunes library? | “Favorite Song” by TobyMac, which is actually one of my least favorite songs ever.

Flight or invisibility? | Invisibility. It’s just cooler.

via GifSmile
If you could live in any country other than your own, what country would you choose? | *blinks* I dunno. I’d say Spain but they smoke too much.

A wizard tells you that he needs your help. You're going on an adventure! What weapon do you choose? | Why do we need weapons on the adventure? What if he wants to go buy socks at Target and has extreme anxiety when it comes to his sock choices? That’s an adventure in and of itself! If we attack a Target employee with an axe we are NEVER going to be allowed to buy socks again. Like seriously. Just send us with a loaded debit card—money beats all. Money and patience.

What's your earliest childhood memory? | I have vague memories of riding a little pink car. I still have the license plate with my name on it, I think.

via Giphy
Is there a certain type of foreign food (ie. Thai, Korean, South African) that you really like? | Mexican food is good.

Would you rather it rain all day or be hot and sunny all day for the rest of your life? | This is a confusing question because it makes no sense. I will say sun, because it can be cold and sunny; those days are better, and far more realistic.

What's a book or movie character that you identify with? | Bella Swan.

Who's your biggest role model? | Probably my dad, or Franz Argentblum. Those guys understand me.

via Khadija Says Hi.

Willa Nicole’s Questions

What is the busiest day of your life that you can remember? | Third grade, Destination Imagination, State Competition. Our presentation time got moved without them telling us and that caused a rush.

Where is the farthest you have ever been from home? | 5200 miles away in Barcelona, Spain two summers ago.

Do you have a dream so big you might call it an “Infinity Dream”? | Nope.

Are you a polka-dots or stripes kind of person? | Solids, please.


If you could change your entire name, what name would you choose? | I would not. Then I’d have to change my favorite Avengers quote.

What is the closest you have ever come to a near-death experience? | Probably one time when I ate too much popcorn (an asthma trigger) and had a super bad attack.

What is your favorite song? | Today, “Dead End Girl” by Heavens.

via Buzzfeed
What is your favorite food? | Strawberries. Guacamole. Fruit snacks. Carnitas. Cookies. Bisque.

How long can you hold your breath? | About a minute, but that’s the absolute limit.

If you could, would you rather be an Olympic swimmer or gymnast? | Um… I wouldn’t, but maybe swimmer, because it would be good to learn how to not die in water.

What is your dream vacation? | Cabin in the woods, hiking, enjoying the mountain views.


Okie doke, eleven people? I decided to tag some of my Twitter followers who are bloggers, because I could.


How do you feel about soft tacos? | Favorite Disney movie? | Best villain ever? | Favorite musical? | How much do you hate spoilers? | What’s the best thing about your blog? | What are three books that everyone must read before they die, period? | Discuss your opinion on corn on the cob. | What do you want to be when you grow up? | Do you have a favorite punctuation mark? | Describe the best trip you ever took.

Well, that’s it, folks! Maybe you weren’t tagged, but I’d still like to hear your answers! Pick any two questions listed up above, and tell me your answers! 

13 comments :

  1. Hmm, I actually never knew that popcorn was an asthma trigger, but I should probably pay attention to that. I've never had any problems with that, though I do have trouble around smokers. But I'm glad you didn't die. I've had a couple near-death experiences, including the time my sister and I almost got struck head on by a big rig driving too quickly on a narrow back road. Also, my sister and I went off the road going 70 mph on the interstate, so that was fun. Good times.

    Do you like your sister's rat? I try to get my sister to pet mine, but she won't go anywhere near it. (Your sister has great taste in animals, by the way.)

    As for soft tacos--I like them far too much. They combine the fun of a regular taco and the added benefit of ease. You can eat them without looking like a wild animal. And as for spoilers, I usually don't mind them. In fact, I usually read the ending ahead, and I don't care if people let anything slip. For the most part--there are exceptions.

    Anyway, great answers--I really enjoyed this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think popcorn is actually just a trigger for me; I've never heard of anyone else having the same trouble. Smokers bother me too, though. Your near-death experiences sound terrifying! I'm glad you and your sister were okay.

      Her rat is pretty much cool, very sweet, and soft. One of my sisters really hates the rat, so there are mixed feelings in the house. :)

      XD Another soft taco aficionado! Well done. And me too, I read endings ahead cuz that's what I do. *nods* Thanks for reading, Liz!

      Delete
  2. What. You don't like peanut butter. And ooh Incredibles gif. And also I would say something about your choice of Bella Swan but admittedly whatever critics have to say about Sue tendencies, she is overwhelmingly relatable.

    Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, that's what happens when you're allergic to it. I love the Incredibles! And yeah. I didn't feel the need to elaborate. Thanks for reading, Alyssa!

      Delete
  3. Oooh Have fun at The Lion King! It came here last December and it was absolutely amazing!!! You will never forget it and it's ok to cry in the opening.. I did :P
    ~Evie
    PS: Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope I will! I'll bet it's going to be a ton of fun, at least for me. Thanks for stopping by, Evie!

      Delete
  4. Ok, random thoughts on this post.
    1) I LOVE THAT KITTEN GIF I JUST DIED OF CUTENESS
    2) I don't have Netflix either, so I feel for you (assuming you want Nexflick). I hear people talking about binge watching Netflix and I just sit and stare sadly at my TV.
    3) I am afraid to ask what "getting rid of" entails in regards to the rat.
    4) A popcorn asthma attack? Wow. I'm glad you were alright in the end!
    5) Excellent gif use, as always.

    Great post! You always make me laugh when you overanalyze things. (Like the wizard sock thing. I would have just gone I GET TO CHOOSE A WEAPON? THE DEATH STAR PLEASE!! And you actually, well, thought about the question.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I just realized I totally butchered the spelling of "Netflix". Oops.

      Delete
    2. 1) It's a cute kitten, right? :D
      2) That's okay that you misspelled. I have experienced Netflix and it is nice, but I am also okay not having it, too.
      3) We gave him away to another rat owner in the area. We know she'll take good care of him!
      4) Yeah, it's something unique about me. I'm glad, too!
      5) Gracias. :)

      XD Overanalysis is one of my talents. It makes me smile, too, but I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for reading, Victoria!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for doing the tag! :) We just got Netflix in NZ and we decided to give it a go and now I can't imagine not having it :o Also, what's wrong with peanut butter?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me. I'm glad you're enjoying Netflix so far, and I hope it continues to entertain you. And the problem with peanut butter is that I am allergic, alas.

      Delete
  6. Hi Heather. This was an interesting award (I don't understand the relevance to infinity, but hey whatever? You should travel to New Zealand because it is wonderful and there is nice food and nice people and beautiful beaches and it's never too hot. Also mountains and LOTR. I wouldn't have guessed you identified with Bella. I don't eat much mexican food but I think I like it. I like all indian food pretty much (and it's easy to choose because there is so much variety) but hey, maybe I'm biased. How is college going? Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, either. Sometimes posts can lose their meaning after a while. :/ Anyway, yes, I have heard there are good things in New Zealand, and LOTR is certainly a convincing factor for me. :) I have only had Indian food a couple of times, whereas Mexican food is kind of life, but nonetheless, there is no rule that dictates the monopolization of food from any culture. College is going well so far, thanks for asking. :) Thanks for your comment, Shar!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!