Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Another Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Mariella tagged me for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award. Thanks Mariella!

RULES:

Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the Award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten blogs.

What flowers would you absolutely need to have in a garden?


Dead ones. I hate gardening. And being outside.

Have you traveled? Where to?


I went to Spain last year and I have been to a handful of the fifty states.

Do you have pets? And if so, do they seem to have an attitude?


My sister has two rats, and one attacked the other a couple days ago. Does that count as an attitude?

Is there an album you’ve listened to so much that you memorized the lyrics?


Um, no. I don’t listen to CD’s as complete albums anymore as much as I used to. I mean, I could probably give you some Owl City lyrics from any song you desired, but I don’t usually measure my music-listening experience specifically in albums.

Any goals you want to reach this year?


I have certain books I hope to read, like How to Read Novels Like a Professor and The Scarlet Pimpernel, and I want to double my active WIP’s word count, and I’m getting the feeling I should start a new WIP because I’ll need a break from my current one.

What’s the last book you read and enjoyed?


I am currently reading Shakespeare’s Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope, and I’m enjoying that quite a bit. Nerdy, nerdy Heather.

And a book you haven’t read, but want to?



Which Hogwarts house do you belong to?


If I got to pick it would by Slytherin, if my parents picked it would be Ravenclaw, and if Pottermore picked it would be Gryffindor—but at this point I’m feeling like the house system is stilted and unfairly biased, so I think I would not want to go to Hogwarts. Maybe there’s a cooler school in America.

Do you keep a journal?


You bet I do.

Share one of your all-time favorite quotes.


“Pants. Pants are essential.” –Dave, Alvin and the Chipmunks

This week I think I’m just going to pass on Mariella’s questions, if nobody minds. I nominate:


Even if you weren’t tagged, you can still answer! Share a couple of your answers with me in the comments!


12 comments :

  1. I totally agree on the flowers in the garden thing. I wouldn't have any at all. Or grass probably. I happen to be allergic to gardens. Literally. I get sore eyes and skin rashes just from sitting in the grass. No green thumbs over here! Who defines their listening by albums anyway? When there is so much awesome music in the world, one must listen to it all. I can sing most of the Phantom of the Opera songs by heart, but I'm pretty handy with the words to most of the songs I listen to. Music is kinda my thing...I have three big goals for this year. Pass my 7th grade singing exam. Finish my uni degree. Survive my brother's wedding with at least a little sanity. We'll see how they go. But I'm glad to see you did this tag. It's always fun seeing the answers you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm sorry you get allergies! They are approximately zero fun at all. :/ I agree; listening to albums is something I do occasionally, but I am a Pandora girl, and that doesn't come in such neat boxes. Wow, awesome Phantom of the Opera-ness there... That's pretty impressive, all in all! I hope you accomplish your goals (and congrats to your brother)! Thanks for reading, Imogen.

      Delete
  2. The Scarlet Pimpernel and How To Read Novels Like a Professor are two books that I want to read as well! In fact, I have a library copy of The Scarlet Pimpernel sitting right beside me waiting to be opened. I also have a book that is kind of like How To Read Novels Like a Professor called Reading Like a Writer. It's close enough! I wish I could keep a journal, but I always seem to fail writing in it consistently. *shakes head at self* Good for you for being able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read How to Read Literature like a Professor? It did wonders for my Lit class last year. My copy is in my laundry basket, haha. Huh, I might need to look into Reading Like a Writer! I've always wondered how to do that. It's too bad that you haven't had success with journals yet, but maybe in the future?

      Delete
  3. Those are some scary rodents. :P

    The Scarlet Pimpernel is good! Definitely read that one. I love it. I hear it calling to me now.

    "And a book you haven't read, but want to?" The gif. XD That's the best reaction to that question ever! What kind of a question is that anyways? You ask a bookworm that and you're going to get the answer, "Do you want me to narrow it down for you?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not that bad; apparently it's hormones.

      Oh, I'm glad you like it, and hope I like it as much as you do.

      XD Yeah, it's weird. I have over a hundred books on a list of things I want to read, so yeah. Thanks for reading, Ashley!

      Delete
  4. That quote from Dave is so spot-on. :D Made me laugh! I've never been out of states, but I have been to quite a few. (I need to count up how many.) I hope to go to England someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I loved it, too! It's fun seeing the states, right? I hope you get to see England some day, too!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me! :) And also, why do you think Hogwarts is biased? I don't really trust the Pottermore quizzes, since the answers are really black-and-white. Like, you can't choose the dagger in a chest full of items without being called a Gryffindor. My first time I played it, it got so confused with me that my final question was "Which House would you rather be in? Gryffindor or Ravenclaw?" :')

    Anyway, sweet answers. I love the one where you just answered with that scroll gif.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The structure of Hogwarts school seems to favor this black-and-white evilness business which kind of bothers me; I'll elaborate in a week in a real post! That's definitely something that's a problem on the site, and it is a frustration. I'm not sure if I'd like to be in any of the houses now...

      But thanks for reading (and yeah, that GIF is amazing).

      Delete
  6. Thank you for tagging me :) I think I'll have to steal your TBR gif xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and you're welcome to it! :D

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!