Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Another Leibster Award

Madame Rachel at Secret Scribblings has been kind enough to tag me for the Liebster Award, and I think I’ve done this tag, like, four times, but the point is that every time there are different questions, and so for that reason I am willing to do it again. Thanks, Rachel!

Beware.

1. What's the weirdest book you've ever read, and why was it so weird? 


It’s hard to say what is the weirdest book, but I will say that a weird book I read was called Rise of the Shadow Stealers. It’s actually one of my favorite book reviews I’ve ever done. The plot twist at the end was super confusing, which is why it was weird.

Read My Review!

2. What are your favorite scents? You know: baking bread, that one candle you have, fresh laundry!


I think I talked about this when I did my Harry Potter posts in December, in the Amortentia discussion. Books and clean laundry are totally on that list.

3. Do you have a beloved stuffed animal/doll from your childhood, what's their name, how long have you had it, and may we see a picture?

2004 vs. 2015
Yes. Lady. I think I’ve had her since I was three-ish… Maybe younger? At the very least, it means we’ve been together at least fifteen years. She was my most constant playmate and she still lives at the end of the bed.

4. What's the last thing you read, and how was it?


I just finished The Opal Deception: Graphic Novel, and it was glorious. I’m going to be seventy and still in love with Artemis Fowl, which doesn’t sound like a problem to me.

5. What did you dream of being when you were a kid? Did you achieve it? Will you?

Heather, a wee archaeologist
I wanted to be an archaeologist, a ballerina teacher, a mom, a princess, and a paleontologist, among other things, and now I don’t want to be any of those. I wasn’t any of those either, by the way, although I will say that I am still a fan of human and dinosaur history! (Just not as a job.)

6. Any phobias? Like trypophobia? Trypanophobia? Acrophobia? (Google will help you, here.)


I’m not like, clinically afraid of anything. I mean, sure, spiders and heights and needles can freak me out, but as I mentioned in my recent Inside Out post, I usually have to work through my fears to get what needs to be done. I don’t like spiders and I don’t like getting shots, but it’s important that I can kill my own spiders and accept the pinches, so I handle it.

7. DIDNEY WORL!! (Disney World) Ever been?


No, but I think my sister has a video of my saying DIDNEY WORL so many times, because it is one of the best things to say. DIDNEY WORLLLLLLL.

8. Favorite memory from the past 365 days?


I dunno… When was that? Oh, actually—I suppose since it still counts (but only just) my Dad took me to Spain last year, and I talked about it for a week. :)

9. Something (or a few things!) you're reaaaally looking forward to in the next 365 days?


Well, I’m going on a trip pretty soon. *mysteriously hoardes the information of when and where*

AND The Lion King on Broadway is coming to town and tickets are still not on sale even though I have checked regularly since January when I learned it was coming and no, I am not bitter, why do you ask? In other news, my sister has made me a Lion King hat to console me.

10. Did/do you keep a journal?


Yes. I’ve interviewed a few of my writer’s notebooks in the past, like this red one, or this one in Spanish, but I’ve never interviewed any of my diaries. Those ones are about my life—I sincerely hope they don’t get published.

11.Would you rather sail the seas for a month, or live in a mountaintop chalet for a month? Why?


Live in a mountaintop chalet for a month, obviously. Like, how is this a question? I don’t understand why people like the ocean (and yes, I’ve been in the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, so it’s not like I’ve never seen one or been in one), especially when you have the mountains… *sighs contentedly* MOUNTAINS ARE BETTER AND THAT IS ALL.


I don’t feel like tagging this time. Is that okay? It will be okay.


Maybe I’m not tagging anyone, but here’s something fun to do: answer two of the questions above, and share your answers with me!

8 comments :

  1. AWWWW LITTLE HEATHER! SO CUTE! X) This was so fun to read! (Yeah, mountaintop chalet for me, too) Cool hat! Your sister made that?? Awesome!

    DIDNEY WORRLLLLL!!! LOL it IS so fun to say! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I thought it would be fun to show little me. I'm glad you liked it! And yes, my sister did make that hat.

      DIDNEY WORLLL IT IS INDEED THE BEST PHRASE

      Delete
  2. Wait how could you not like the sea????????! Especially boats! I love both the mountains and sea, so I would have to split my time between the two. Does The Opal Deception have me in it? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably because it is wet and there are sharp things in it and it involves swimming and it's miles away from anywhere reasonable to live and I like altitude. But that is just me—it's nice that you like both! And The Opal Deception has Opal Koboi... I need to talk about her sometime...

      Delete
  3. Mini you! :D Mountains sound good...but if you were on a boat, think about all the sights you'd see! Spiders are okay mostly, but I get what you mean. When they crawl towards you all like slow at first then FAST it's creepy. One time my dad slapped a huge spider with his slipper and a thousand baby spiders popped out of nowhere (sorry for the image), and that left me scarred. :') Great answers to the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I was not just this age my whole life. Mountains are better, because you can see for miles in every direction. If you were on a boat, you would just see the ocean for miles in every direction, and one part of the ocean does not look that much different than the other parts, you know? And yeah, you have to be careful when you kill spiders. My dad suggests killing spiders with egg sacs using lit matches. Thanks for reading, Jo!

      Delete
  4. Oh. Wow. You're over here, little Ms. Popular, drowning in tags, and I....well...I HAVE ANOTHER TAG FOR YOU! *grins* If you feel so inclined...

    http://thescribblingsprite.blogspot.com/2015/07/unpopular-opinions-tag.html

    I've never been sailing, but I'd have to agree. Mountains are better. Especially for hiking :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I do tags basically every week, so the more the merrier. Thank you for tagging me! I'll get to it as son as I can.

      Agreed. Unless you are Jesus, it would be so hard to hike on the ocean.

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!