|Flickr Credit: Austin Kirk|
1. Read only trilogies or stand-alones?Trilogies. I’ve never really been a stand-alone kind of girl. BROADEN MY WORLD.
2. Read only female or male authors?What kind of question is that? Like, is it meant to suggest that the quality of writing varies depending on the presence of a Y-chromosome, or that the genre I prefer is most written by one or the other? Well, dear question, you are WRONG. I like books by both. I refuse to accept your hypothetical situation.
3. Shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?Amazon. I don’t have to talk to anybody! And you don’t have to buy just books! And they get shipped to your house! Unless you ordered Six of Crows! And then the other two books won’t come to your house until October! Even though they BOTH CAME OUT LIKE LAST MONTH! And you can’t change your order preference! But still. Amazon selection’s better.
4. All books become movies or TV shows?Seeeeeee. Only Sith deal in the absolute, and this question is similarly evil to #2, because it removes context and I am not Immanuel Kant which means yes, I care. A Song of Ice and Fire would probably have suffered as a movie franchise, and Harry Potter would probably have suffered as a TV show, as would have even shorter series like Hunger Games, Twilight, etcetera. It depends on the setup and style of the writer, and so I find this hypothetical situation also against my preferences.
5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?Five pages a day… yeah… I mean it would suck but it would be easier.
6. Be a professional reviewer or author?Reviewer, but not for books. It would be super fun to get to see shows on stage and review them. (But it’s not a job I’ll go for. I’m probably too nice, and my writing skills would not serve me in that situation.)
7. Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?Top 20 favorite books over and over. It’s kind of like what I do anyway… Kind of.
8. Be a librarian or book seller?Book seller. You don’t need a degree in library science to be a book seller.
9. Only read your favorite genre, or every genre except your favorite?My favorite genre, if I knew what its name was.
10. Only read physical books or eBooks?As much as I like eBooks and the ease they bring to my reading life, physical books are better, for two reasons. 1) spacial awareness, 2) you can flip to read the end more easily. It’s an annoying hassle on my Kindle.
And, that is that! Thanks to Brett again for the game, and I shall tag Monty Python style: Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.