Thursday, May 21, 2015

Leibster Award 2015

I have been nominated for the Leibster Award not one but three times by Precious, Alyssa, and Shar. Thanks, amigas!

The Rules:


  1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
  2. Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
  4. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
  5. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!

Facts:


  1. I graduate on Friday.
  2. I find giving people advice on writing intimidating.
  3. I do not think you should rule the world
  4. I’m packing up my room for basement renovation, so my bookshelves won’t look like this anymore.
  5. I do like Harry Potter, if I’ve been unclear, it’s just that I like a lot of things a lot better.
  6. I actually did the Leibster Award one time, before I had anybody to tag.
  7. I just put everything on hold because I found the link to the song on the previous award post and I LOVE THAT SONG so I am playing it loud over the sound of the dehumidifiers. 
  8. I just started a new notebook to practice Spanish for the duration of this summer.
  9. I need to get a job.
  10. I’m hungry.
  11. I don’t really like telling people about myself. I can’t imagine I’m all that interesting.


Questions (a grand total of 19, from the other blogs): 


What’s your favorite thing about blogging?


The people and the practice. There are some amazing humans out there, if you aren’t aware, and I love hearing what they have to say. Also, I think it’s good practice with interaction—they say to write for yourself, but blogging lets you take some risks with what you want to say and practice with more immediate feedback than you’ll get with a novel.

What are three things you can’t live without?


Food, water, shelter.
via zuts.wordpress.com

What was the last movie you watched? Did you enjoy it?


Movie? Dead Poets Society with my English class, and my feelings died, as they always do with that movie. TV show? Leverage, and my feelings died, as they always do with that TV show.


If you could be a character from any novel, who would you be and why?


I wouldn’t be. I would rather die.

What’s your favorite animal? Why?


Sting ray. They are smooth and slippery and nice to touch, and it is fun to feed them fish at the aquarium.

What is the ultimate dream vacation? (It could be to a fictional or real place.)


I might like to visit Madrid again, or England, or anywhere… I don’t know. Honestly, I would probably be happiest buying a hotel room in my own town and just staying there all day.

via sagwa.wikia.com

What was your favorite childhood TV show?


Barney, Arthur, Cyberchase, Dragon Tales, SagwaTellytubbies, Liberty’s Kids, Fetch! with Ruff Ruffman, and—what? What do you mean you wanted one?

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? Why?


1997. I have no memories of myself as a baby and so this would be an age that I have no memory of but it would be interesting to watch myself as I started to do things for the first time.

Can you solve a rubix cube?


No.

What kind of music are you into?


I DUNNO. I listen to a lot of stuff. My dad has suggested that someday I commandeer a radio station and freak all the listeners out who are expecting one genre, and then they get ten in the space of 15 minutes.

Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?


No one. I do not want a movie about my life.

What First World problem would you solve?


People wouldn’t have flooding in their houses ever.

You have the magical power to create any one drink you want. ANY. Which drink?


Orange juice. The no-pulp kind. And I would drink it. :)

Best life hack you've learned?


You can put bread bag hold-closers on wires so you can tell what computer wire does what!

via lifeasmom.com

Ice cream or cake?


…….. Ice cake cream.

Chocolate or coffee?


Chocolate, duh. Coffee is not for me.

Which tribute in the 75th Hunger Games would you sponsor and why?


When is the 75th Hunger Games? Sorry. I only read this book once in middle school because it was not very interesting.

Weapon of choice?


*shrugs* Do you think my family lets me hold weapons for long periods of time?

Describe your ideal pet dragon.


Lap-sized, warm blooded, can purr and fetch, can fly, doesn’t poop on my shoulders. Silver-gray. Well trained and will not set the mailman on fire.


Wow. That was a lot. And now for 11 more:


What blog post are you most proud of?
Do you find knees super disgusting? (side note: KNEES ARE SO DISGUSTING HOLY CRAP WHY)
What are you currently listening to, or what did you most recently listen to?
Do you like warm hugs?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite snack to make?
If you were going to sum up your blog in three words, what would they be?
Have you ever seen a production on stage?
What’s the best thing that happened to you this week?
What’s your favorite book tag?
If you could say one thing to anyone, what would you say to whom?

And, because I have awesome followers who I do not give enough shout-outs to, I shall tag some people from le Google Friend Connect (don’t worry, Bloglovin’ people, I will do you next time).


Sorry, that was long. Why don’t you pick three questions from above and tell me what your answers would be? Or, better yet, link me up to your post as well!

20 comments :

  1. Well, I was expecting someone to say ice cream cake, but ice cake cream is definitely creative. The 75th, FYI, is the one in Catching Fire with all the previous tributes and ones with names you can remember. Also, I enjoy the fact that the dragon is in charge of collecting the mail and must be trained not to set the mailman on fire.

    OMG. Followers are such a great way to figure out who to tag. I literally just sit there and think, "whose blog post have I read recently?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bend the rules as much as possible, believe me. xD I... see. Hopefully Catching Fire is a good one? No idea. Never made it past the train ride. And yes, why should I have a dragon if she were not capable of getting mail? Or, indeed, being respectful of other people's persons?

      LIGHT-BOLB. <My Gru Voice. :D But yeah, I would do that too, but I thought, hey, why not?

      Delete
  2. Bread bag wires...on cords...my goodness, that's genius!

    Barney was my LIFE. Good choices there....

    Thanks for nominating me! I'll try to get mine up sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too! Barney was totally awesome. I still know a lot of the songs...

      I look forward to seeing it. Be sure to link me up!

      Delete
  3. I loved Barney, Dragon Tales, and Arthur, too! Is it weird that Teletubbies kind of freaked me out, though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high fives* We were the little fandom before we knew of fandom! But no, I think Teletubbies were disturbing, especially to my parents. XD

      Delete
  4. I don't care how long this post was, I enjoyed it! I really liked what you had to say about why you like blogging:)

    Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Blogging is great fun, and, like I said, is a lot more "instant gratification" about feedback. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. I love Dead Poet Society!Carpe diem! :D
    That ending scene where they all stand on their chairs to bid farewell to Robin Williams..Oh!Captain MY Captain! :D
    Thank you very much for the award.
    Here : http://diaryforneal.blogspot.in/p/blog-page_17.html
    You might have to scroll down :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carpe diem to you too! The Oh Captain scene always brings such joy to my heart. :D Thanks for participating—I'll comment soon!

      Delete
  6. "Food, water, shelter" love your bluntness. :') thanks for tagging me! I have already done the tag and I was thinking maybe I should do it again since your questions sound fun. Maybe I'll do it but not in a q-and-a format. Also, DPS is one of my favourite movies and wow. Crushed feels. </3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD I am that person. Blunt as ever. I hope you'll enjoy doing the tag, even if you don't Q/A it. :D Also, yes—the feels are IRREPARABLY CRUSHED. It is a sadness to me, always.

      Delete
  7. Haha, I love reading tag posts, but hate answering them myself - I'm always so dull! (I mean seriously though, when you're a good girl introvert book worm, what interesting adventures can you get up to??)
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun to do for me, more than I like reading them. XD But, I do try to put in the effort! (Although, I feel like you just described me, and yet I have enough adventures. :D ) Thanks for stopping by, Beth!

      Delete
  8. I loved reading your answers - congratulations on graduating soon! I agree about the three things you cannot live without, I would add books to that answer as well. <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Benish! Books are absolutely something important—the question is, would I WANT to live without books? I don't think I have the guts to find out!

      Delete
  9. AHH! Congratulations on getting this award Heather - you totally deserve it! And you must be so excited about graduating soon. ;) Thanks for sharing and fabulous post + answers! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zoe! Graduation was VERY exciting, and totally fun. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on graduating! And you are not boring at all xD Your answers were great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I'm glad to hear I'm not boring—I try not to be. :D

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!