Saturday, May 2, 2015

April-Wrap Up (Because Why Not?)

I got up like, super early today (and if you know me then you know that means 9:30 AM) and I’m bopping along, reading other people’s monthly wrap-ups, and I thought, hey, why not?

Of course, it took me an hour to get through the blog posts I was reading and around other people trying to use the computer, so now it’s 11:06 AM. Let’s review what happened this month before it gets to afternoon.

Writer’s Life


I’ve been juggling two manuscripts—on the one hand, I’m trying to edit and revise based on CP work, and second-draft the other—and I haven’t been getting much done at all. But that’s because I value Netflix more than I do writing, and schoolwork, sort of. I need to get with the game, and sooner or later I shall.

Blogger’s Life


I’ve been spending a lot of time trying to find interesting ideas to post about, that sort of thing.

Reader’s Life


Also, I read eight books during April. My favorite was The Dirty Parts of the Bible by Sam Torode (oh, just awesome, and I even got it for free) and my least favorite was Royally Lost by Angie Stanton (basically two teenagers romping around Europe and complaining about their really "suckish" lives). I’m not really into Goodreads so it’s not like I can show you lovely pictures of everything, but oh well. I did read things.

Entering the Blogosphere


Coming Up

  • I’ve been tagged for like, ten different things, so hopefully I’ll knock out some of those 
  • A discussion regarding the downside of MBTI
  • A two-part satire about a genre I’ve come to dislike 
  • Maybe I’ll use the Avengers to illustrate why I read whatever I want, I haven’t decided


Anyway, that is my very interesting April. Here’s to a similarly interesting May!

So, what was your April like? What do you think was your best post? Share it with me!

14 comments :

  1. Aw, thank you for the link Heather! You've been so busy this month - it feels like aaages ago that I read about your program interview (congrats on that, btw). It's hard to believe it's only been thirty days!

    Also, I'm very interested in the potentially-upcoming Avengers post. Sounds exciting!

    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I really enjoyed your posts this month. :) April went by fast, and it looks like May may go by even faster.

      We'll see! It probably depends a lot on how Thursday's post goes, so stay tuned. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you certainly had a pretty busy and interesting month! I hadn't heard of The Dirty Parts of the Bible before, but it looks really interesting so I'll have to check it out sometime....after like, the 200 or so books already on my TBR XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so! I really enjoyed it, so if you're comfortable with adult novels I think it's worth it. I hope you read some more this month!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had an amazing and productive month Heather! Thank you for sharing this wonderful wrap-up and, as always, fabulous post! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, Zoe!

      Delete
  4. I loved your post about world domination :) And editing being like dissecting a cat.
    I hope you have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were two of my favorite posts, too. :) Thanks, and I hope you do as well!

      Delete
  5. So everyone is doing recaps now and I'm wondering if I should. Do people like that? I'm not such a fan of time-sensitive posts myself, but *shrugs*

    Oh, I LOVED the world-domination post. Will read the comments now. *goes off* *comes back* Oh my GOD they are wonderful.

    Thank you for featuring my Mulan post, even though it is really in May ... oh well, at least it was awesome enough you couldn't wait XD

    DO THE AVENGERS POST. Have you watched Age of Ultron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did it because I got up early. Sometimes it's cool, sometimes it's not. Do as the blogosphere moves you, my friend.

      They're pretty interesting, although I hope none of them become world-rulers. Haha.

      Well it's not like you could just expect me to be patient! I really enjoyed it. :)

      MAYBE. No, I haven't, but I'm hoping to see it soon with my best friend! :D

      Delete
  6. You've had some amazing posts this month. I know I haven't commented half as much as I'd like, but I haven't missed a single one. I think my favourite post was either the other about being a courteous blogger, or why editing is like dissecting a cat. Someone about the outrageousness of the second one makes me love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're able to keep on top of things! Having manners and doing science are excellent things in my opinion, so if I get the chance I shall write about them again. :) But, yes, it's fun to be a little outrageous sometimes!

      Delete
  7. This is great! I follow your blog and I still had no idea that you wrote half of these posts! I definitely going to be clicking through some of those links. This is such a goo idea for the end of the month:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you enjoy what you find! Thanks for reading, Sunny!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!