1. If you can, share a picture of your bookshelves (piles of books, boxes of books, anywhere you store your books) or describe the set-up you have.
2. How do you sort your books? Author, genre, not at all?
We’re going to do these together because I think having the picture next to the explanation will make more sense.
This is my Favorite Bookshelf, where I keep my best-loved books for easy access and special distinction. They are sorted by author’s last name.
This is the Big Bookshelf, where I keep all my things. The top shelf holds my CDs in the upper left, which I don’t organize, but the mostly-DVDs that take up the rest of the shelf are more or less in alphabetical order by title (all of the Avengers movies are in alphabetical order within the “A” section, because they’re a series).
At the very end of the top shelf the fiction book section begins, which is organized mostly by author’s last name. The exception is The 39 Clues Series, which has multiple authors and so is the end of the fiction section. The magazines/comics/poetry books section comes directly after that.
The bottom shelf is non-fiction, which is more or less organized first by genre/subject (history, writing, religion etc.) and then by author’s last name, if available.
Also, this is part of the “R” Section, that was originally the Harry Potter shelf until I didn’t have enough space to treat Harry like a pompous prig unworthy of touching other books and so now it is the Riordan/Rowling block of books.
3. Do you have any special trinkets or decorations on your shelves, or are they purely business?
If you go back and look up at the photos, you’ll notice I have pointed out some of the highlights of things that are located on my shelves!
4. What genre dominates your bookshelf? Or what genres make up your bookshelf?
Well, it’s mostly YA. There’s some fantasy things. Sci-fi things. A few realistic fiction, but I’m over that phase. Mostly I like books with a small band of heroes who work for the government and overcome threats to society or small bands of threats to society who overcome the government. Um… yeah.
5. Are there any books on your shelf that you're particularly proud of?
Erm, no. Not exactly.
6. What is the ratio between read books and TBR books on your shelf?
Well, here is my “official” TBR pile, but there are six or seven other books I mean to read lying around the rest of the room. So, that’s like 14 books versus the 200+ that sit on all the shelves… Pretty good ratio, I’d say.
7. What is the most recent addition to your bookshelf?
I just got Reapers by Brian Davis from a giveaway at Stori Tori’s Blog!
8. Describe your dream bookshelf setup.
…You know, I think my dreams have already come true.
And there you have it! Thanks so much to Sunny for hosting this fabulous linkup, and I look forward to reading more of these over the next few weeks!