Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Epic Reads Tag

Hallo, everybody! Excitingly enough, I am guest posting somewhere else today, and I did not even have to abandon my bowl of Rice Krispies and coconut milk to do so. Hop on over to Alyssa's blog to see what I have to say about Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers, and at the very least you can enjoy how silly I am when it comes to writing bios.

Both Alyssa from The Devil Orders Takeout and Opal at Opal Swirls tagged me for the Epic Reads Tag—and I’m super excited to do it! Let’s hop to it!


via Goodreads

1. If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?


Leigh Bardugo and the Darkling. I won the rock-paper-scissors fight with Elizabeth, and I get the Darkling. So we could just eat normal food, I guess.

2. What book do you wish the author would write the prequel for?


Okay, this will sound dumb, but I really wish that Stephanie Meyer would write a prequel about Emmett Cullen. I feel like he was the least developed character, and I just want to know—what else is in there?

3. Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?


Maybe Connor from Unwind and Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles. Not really, but I hate shipping. It’s so hard.

via Goodreads

4. If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?


Mark Walden. I would probably just say, “Do Unto Others,” and leave.

5. What book made you a reader and why?


They were called Bob books. They were usually about a guy named Bob and his other friends with three letters in their names. Like Pam. Or Joe. They were probably less than fifty words. But they got me started.

6. Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught fire! What is the one book you would save?


Which bookshelf? Oh, don’t be like that. I would probably not save any of them because most of the books are in a series, and it would be too depressing to only save one out of the series.

via Goodreads

7. Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?


Why would I want to live in a dystopian world? Aren’t they all bad? That’s why there’s a DYS in it. But I’d probably pick Unwind because I could make the moral decision not to have my body parts switched out and live like a decently normal gal.

8. What is your most Epic Read of all time?


I read Homer’s Odyssey in 9th grade; it’s an epic poem, so that might count. But for now, I’ll just say the epic read is H.I.V.E. because it is my favorite.

How would you respond to these questions? Pick two and answer them! Or, if you want, link me to your own Epic Reads tag!


18 comments :

  1. 1. I'd invite Dan Brown with Robert Langdon for tea. :P
    8. Harry Potter,always Harry Potter :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of Dan Brown's books, but you're right, Harry Potter is a pretty epic read!

      Delete
  2. 3.Lirael from Lirael by Garth Nix and Gabriel from Infernal Devices. I never thought about it before, but they'd be perfect.
    6. I would save Lirael or 1001 kids books you should read before you grow up (because that book is fabulous)
    Heather, do you have goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually know either of those characters, but I'll take your word for it! (I'm sure it's good. :D) At least if you had the "1001" you would have a good place to start as you rebuilt your bookshelf! :D

      I do; you can message me for the info. :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I love a good tag! And it's sweet of you to invite your readers to join in in the comments.

    1. I'd have Laini Taylor and Brimstone around for tea. I was going to say Akiva because he's a flipping angel, but Brimstone could teach me how to make wishes, so then I could just wish for my very own Akiva.

    2. Cliched, but I'd like a Harry Potter prequel please, all about Lily and Snape and James. Can someone explain to me how Lily chose James over Snape? I mean, she's supposed to be super-good - why was she so shallow?

    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's the fastest way to get answers out of people. XD

      I haven't read Laini Taylor's books, but I've heard a lot of good things about them, so I can assume it would be a tea to remember. :)

      I think it would be interesting, although ultimately in my opinion, I'm going to guess that she figured out that she didn't want to live in an abusive relationship with Snape, and sure, James was a jerk, but he was also able to grow out of it, more or less, and made amends. Whereas Snape never changed. Though, that's just my take on it; I'm sure Rowling would have something else to say. :)

      Delete
  4. 1. I'd have invited Kass Morgan and her character Bellamy Blake from The 100. I just love him to bits. But also, I would love to have Sara Shepherd and her character Spencer Hastings from Pretty Little Liars. Such a difficult choice!

    2. Um, I would love a prequel to TFIOS, maybe about Augustus and Charlotte (his girlfriend who died before Hazel).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I suppose on the bright side you'll never have to choose because they're not real. *laughs and then cries because it's true*

      I haven't read TFIOS, but it sounds definitely short-story worthy, if not more. :)

      Delete
  5. I've seen this tag floating around for a while now...For #1, I'd invite Marie Lu and try to learn her secrets to world building. And for #7, if fantasy dystopian qualifies, I would probably want to live in the world of City of a Thousand Dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Marie Lu or City of a Thousand Dolls, but your choices sound awesome! I could use some worldbuilding tips myself. :) (And sure, why can't fantasy dystopian qualify?)

      Delete
  6. This was a really interesting post :) . i want to read HIVE now because it sounds awesome and then I'll get the reference. My most epic read in terms of size is probably LOTR (but it took me 1 1/2 years because I only read it on holiday and read other books at the same time and I forgot what half the characters and places they were talking about were.) and in terms of my favourite it's probably Harry Potter. I would like to live in the dystopian world of Cinder as long as I didn't get that disease or anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You... should read HIVE. I can't lie on my opinion of that one. LOTR is indeed an epic read and it took me two family events where I didn't want to talk to anybody to get through them. Harry Potter and Cinder are both good choices—although, yeah, getting murdered or diseased would probably not be fun. :P

      Delete
  7. Thanks for doing the tag :))
    I really must read H.I.V.E because it sounds awesome, and you have good book taste. What kind of normal food? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) My pleasure, thanks for tagging me.

      You... NEED TO. Like, I tell this to everybody. But you know, normal food. I'm pretty sure every culture has bread or something. Bread is normal.

      Delete
  8. First of all, thanks for guest posting at TDOT! And ooh, such bravery to go into Unwind. So certain you're going to be a good girl? But yes, having the power to make moral decisions in immoral situations is a great way to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting me! And maybe, maybe not. I guess I'd be a victim of my own culture there, but it would be nice to think I could be an ordinary citizen standing up against something I knew was wrong.

      Delete
  9. omg the bookshelf one was really funny haha. It's the same thing for me, don't even worry about it.

    I think it's a little weird to ship characters that aren't from the same books. like wut O_____________O

    I think if I met my favorite author on the subway, it would be some incoherent words and i might burst into tears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Well, glad to know I'm not alone!

      It is a little weird to ship characters that aren't from the same books. There are ships that are weird within the same books, like Draco Malfoy with Molly Weasley, which is what the actual heck in my book.

      Incoherency is a symptom of meeting someone cool. And tears. That too. :)

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!