|Flickr Credit: Megan Trace|
1. Comment BackThis one is the simplest, although I’m not amazing at it myself. When someone comments on your post, go comment on one of theirs. It’s a way to stay connected and continue blogging relationships.
2. Be KindYou really don’t know who is going to be reading your blog, so it’s a good idea to treat your readers with respect and generosity. Treat other people that way, too, by the way.
3. Be UsefulIt’s your blog, so do what you want, but also keep in mind that bloggers often pay attention to other bloggers because they are useful or have something important to share.
4. Link BackI like doing this one frequently—if you write a response post or if you see something that’s awesome and pertains to your own topic, why not link to the original post at the bottom of your own? You have a chance to connect with another blogger, and it’s also just nice to do.
(For example, Stori Tori’s Blog recently shared a few ideas on writing good blog posts!)
5. ProofreadWe’re all going to make mistakes, and you’re not perfect. That’s fine, but you write stuff to be read. If the post is too hard to read, or gets confusing because of one simple error, then that’s not good. I tend to wait at least 24 hours after writing a post to post it, and sometimes more. It just makes sure that you say what you want to say.
Of course, this isn’t a conclusive list, but I think they’re a few ways to keep a good relationship between bloggers and their viewers. Especially the be kind one. Because you should be kind to everyone.