Saturday, March 28, 2015

Love a Blogger #6

I have sad news. This is the last Love a Blogger (at least for now). I know, you are crushed. You don’t know how life can go on. You are cut straight to the core and have every chance of exploding. Well, I’m sorry.

You’ll just have to enjoy these three blogs for a really long time. Because—da da da da!—they’re awesome!

Clockwork Desires

https://clockworkdesires.wordpress.com/

I started visiting Precious’s blog frequently because she started visiting mine more frequently (so if you think commenting isn’t a good way to find followers you’re wrong). She does interesting things, like interview a book she’s read, discuss books she’d like to see converted into movies, and chats about book-related things, like book subscription services. She also participates in a lot of tags and awards, for example The Addictive Blog Award and Daydreamer Award, both of which she won very recently. I love reading her blog because she never gets too long, but she always stuffs her posts full of content.

If you’re interested, you might want to discuss whether you give authors a second chance with her.

Brett Michael Orr

http://www.brettmichaelorr.com/

How did I find this blog? I don’t remember. But I have not regretted following! Brett does really awesome things like interview people (like Cassie and Brett and Aimee and even me one time). Believe it or not I am not the kind of girl who really likes reading book reviews (and if I do read them, I dismiss them as books I shan’t be reading any time soon) so when I say that he writes awesome reviews, I mean it. And he convinced me to read City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I wasn’t going to read those books, because I’d seen them reviewed too many times. But I was wrong. So, yes, great reviews, great interviews, and they’re always great reads.

Sometimes he links up with other blogs as well; for example, to discuss his favorite childhood/teen reads!

Opal Swirls

http://opalswirls.blogspot.com/

Opal recently started calling herself Opal, which I am happy about because it is five less letters to type, sounds pretty, and reminds me to read Artemis Fowl all the time. She actually just redesigned her blog! She has brought up some fascinating discussion points, like things she wishes she had known at age 13, the impact of extroverts on her life, and her home. Also, she was super excited when Fan Month started, and I was super grateful because it sucks when you have to do projects without any moral support. She also talks about reading, writing, and apparently plans to take over the world with her cat, but we’ll see how that goes later.

Also, she recently had a kind of controversial post about homeschooling versus public school, and it was very interesting to me.


THANK YOU to Precious, Brett, and Opal for being some of my favorite fantabulous bloggers out there. Visit them. Adore them. Don’t drool on them, that would be weird and would probably not be taken as a compliment. But you could shake hands.

That's all for this March! Let's love some bloggers again very soon!

Have you visited these blogs yet? Go say hi! And, which bloggers do you want to show a little extra love to this fine final week of Fan Month?


12 comments :

  1. I'm so proud of myself for knowing ALL THREE BLOGS you rec'd this time! I found Clockwork Desires exactly the same way -- I think I found Opal's blog that way too -- so YES. COMMENTING IS A WIN.

    P.S.: Aww, it's the last #loveablogger; but hey, the love never stops. I just emailed you earlier today on a similar idea :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY ALYSSA SHE KNOWS ALL THE THINGS! It's great that commenting helps us reach out and things. It is happy-making to me.

      :D And I replied to the email. Soon we shall see what happens more!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring me Heather, I'm glad you enjoy my blog and hope other followers from your site might be able to discover me.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I hope everyone else enjoys your blog, too, because I enjoy it a lot myself. :) You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Thank you SO much for featuring me!! :))

    I only just stumbled over Clockwork Desires, but I have been silently reading Brett Michael Orr for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      They're both lovely blogs, and I hope you keep reading and enjoying them. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for featuring me! To be honest, I was actually a silent reader for a while, before I finally worked up the courage to start commenting regularly, and I'm glad I did! I'm also proud of myself for knowing all three of these blogs!

    Also, I hope you don't mind, but I'm planning on doing a similar feature on my blog where I profile my followers. (I'll be sure to credit you, of course.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. :) I think we're all silent readers sometimes, and I'm glad you started commenting. I appreciate it a lot! Also, good working knowing them all!

      You're welcome to do something similar! Let the love flow on and on. :D

      Delete
  5. These blogs are FANTASTIC!! YAY. I already follow Brett and Clockwork Desires. xD Their posts are fabulous and now I need to check out Opal Swirls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE. Brett and Precious are awesome, but yes, you really do need to look at Opal's blog. I consider it one of my must-reads. :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't heard of these before!! Thanks for sharing - I ran out of time this weekend so I might not get to check the until the next one now. Oh well, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they're definitely worth your while. I hope you enjoy what you find, and I hope you take a little time for yourself, too. Blogging is busy work!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!