Sunday, March 29, 2015

#FanMonth: Update #3

A short update, today. It’s the last Sunday of #FanMonth, so things are starting to wind down, for sure. This is how it’s been the last few weeks.

26 peacock fan
Flickr Credit: Maggz

Writing


I continue to CP (although I am a slow revisioner) and mostly I just ignore that I have my own WIPs going on. But I also realize that I need to get a handle on that and that is also part of the reason why this is short—I want to write before I spend the afternoon watching TV with my best friend.

Reading


I’m on a reading slump, too. I read Three Girls and a Baby (which I finished at 3:30 Saturday morning because I had a miserable time of sleeping) and I’ve also finished reading the companion fairy tales to Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy. Remind me to talk about them because they were worth it.

Blogging


I keep writing posts, people comment on them, I read their posts, comment on theirs, and then they come back to see what I wrote and that is basically a summary of Fan Month right there. Mostly the big question of blogging right now is whether or not I would like to have a series wherein I rant about something that is important to me. Because I don’t want to be one of “those bloggers” but I also hate not talking about it. *smears face on brick wall* Deliberations are hard.

Also, I decided I’m not posting tomorrow because FREEDOM TO POST WHEN I WANT and also posting frequently is hard.

But I have a big announcement on Wednesday so that will be good.

Life


I chilled with my best friend twice. We watched Twilight and The Vicar of Dibley and Leverage. I hung out with my youth group, we served Lenten dinner and watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and I spent most of the week in my pajamas.

Music


I was listening to Elvis but now I believe I am listening to Sarah Brightman covering a Queen song. Also, I got my grandma’s Andrew Lloyd Webber CDs so that is good.


And that is all I’ve got to say for now because I’m going to go write. What are some awesome things you’ve run into this lovely Fan Month?

8 comments :

  1. Hmmm...I'm kind of deliberating on that rant thing, too. There are some topics that I really feel like ranting about, but I don't know if I actually want to rant about them. I don't like controversy on the Internet very much, but I just need to rant. Ugh. Well, I'm excited for your announcement on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* Ranting is a hard decision to make, sometimes. I don't mind controversy on the Internet very much, it's just that sometimes I don't feel like I have the right to rant or anything like that. *sigh* Anyway, here's to coming up with a decision sooner or later.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, as to rants -- I do rant occasionally on the blog, and I try to be a little controversial. I think so long as you frame it in terms of what you're already blogging about, it should be fine. Case in point: my Chinese culture posts are a matter of personal interest, but I try to write it as introducing my (amazing, obviously) culture to the Internet. So in terms of rants, as long as you keep your readers' interests at the forefront, you should be good to go.

    Looking forward to both the rants and the Wednesday announcement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little controversy mostly never hurt anyone (although sometimes a lot of controversy does). It's good to remember the frame of my already-blogging-about, just because that makes me realize I'm already talking about the thing I want to talk about, just with something else in there. I like your Chinese culture posts (keep doing them; my world should be bigger) but I can also see how it fits in with your blog. The thing is readership, because I don't think the subject is necessarily of great interest to many people but me.

      But we'll see what happens.

      Delete
  3. Almost all the books I have read I started at 8 pm and ended at 3 am the next day. Do you recommend "Three Girls and a Baby."

    Chiara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read that fast, unfortunately! It's great you can read with such devotion. I thought it was an okay book, but certainly not one of my favorites. I'd give it perhaps 3/5 stars.

      Delete
  4. Gah, I hate reading slumps. I've found that watching a lot of tv shows and movies gets me out of those. I've also found that I've been sacrificing writing for blogging, but it's SO hard to find a balance because I'm really passionate about both.

    You should feel free to rant whenever you want. It is your blog, after all. (Although I'm still too shy to do that.) Anyway, I'm looking forward to your announcement on wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading slumps for me are only cured when I have something I want to get back into. A new love isn't always easy to find. And yes, it's hard to balance out your passions, although I feel although what I'm really doing is putting my hobby in front of my passion. There you go. :P

      That's true, I should rant as I please. But, we'll see what happens. Of course, stay tuned!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!