Sunday, March 8, 2015

#FanMonth: Update #1

So, it has been the first week of #FanMonth. Hoo.

I know that some of you are already done with your prescribed Fan Week (go you!) and that’s awesome—I don’t start mine until Saturday.

And, because some of you are already done, I thought it important to share a few reflection questions as well, which you are also welcome to put in a post. I don’t know if you can link up again in #FanMonth Central, but if not, then you can send me the link and I’ll post it up there.

(Also, if you are interested in putting up a particularly Fan Month related post—talk to me. I’ll put things up.)

So! What questions?


What statistics do you have to share?

How many blogs did you visit? Comments did you leave? How many new blogs are you following? How many did you delete? Etc.

Did you find or learn anything new and exciting this week?

A favorite blog post? A new blogger? A new friend? Pretty much, this is your chance to highlight anything that really sparked your fancy when you were caught up in the thick of it.

Are there any blogs that made you want to make you change something about your own?

Maybe you found a post with really great design tips, or maybe you realized your true blog-calling is to write about torpedo ducks and spaghetti. Are you going to make any changes soon, is the real question.

What was your favorite part? Your least favorite part?

If you need this explained to you, then I don’t know how you have gotten this far in life.

Did you enjoy your experience? Would you do it again?

This is a little bit of time to reflect on how YOU feel about what you did, and a little more time to say anything that you would change about the experience, whether that’s on my part or yours. All ideas are welcome!

Under the Pleated Fan
Flickr Credit: Theen Moy

So, while I don’t have an official week to report on yet, I did do some fan-things this week I think are worth sharing!

Writing


I worked on an early round of edits and I traded manuscripts with my fantastic CP Alyssa, and so I’ll be checking out her new draft this week. She’s way on top of it and is already through like, three chapters, compared to my one, but it’s been a long week, as I’ll soon explain.

Reading


I finished Heart of Darkness (ick), A Confederacy of Dunces (mm), and The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain (♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥), the last of which is one of the books my dad really enjoys, so that was good.

Blogging


I’m going to be perfectly honest and tell you that it’s like 11 PM, I am tired, and if you really want to see what’s up you can click #FanMonth Central up top or the archive to the right to see what happened here. I do want to report that I spent Friday afternoon catching up on a few blog posts (though they’re all back by now) but I was able to leave some comments, so yay me!

I’ve also deleted a few blogs I’ve been ignoring for months and months now, so also, that helped declutter.

Life


This week I met an old friend for the first time—and by that I mean that I’ve known her for five years, but through Internet only. It was fun meeting her for the first time in real life, as well as her mom. We went to the zoo, visited my best friend at college, and watched a Bollywood film with my family. We had an awesome time, and so even though it took away from some school and work time, I also really enjoyed spending some face-to-face time with an awesome friend! :D

Outside


You should go look at Alyssa’s #Followception, because you need to, and also Aimee’s blog, because you need to (and she deserves it because she guest posted), and I believe Imogen posted something about following blogs, and you need to read that too. Mae finished her Fan Week, and Alexa shared a few of her favorite posts she’s read this week!

And I highly recommend you go read those people’s posts because I am writing this for my honor, I think. Good night, Gracie.

How’s your Fan Month been so far? Have you finished your fanship yet? Are you starting this week? (I am!) What have you read? What do you recommend? Tell me what’s up!


8 comments :

  1. Oh my! I didn't notice this post, am I still allowed to post it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally posted it late and you are completely welcome to respond.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to do my fan week :) I think I'll start in the next week or so.

    The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing all about it! :D

      It is an amazing book. I loved it! And I'll be writing about it soon—so don't worry. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm done with my week I think I did somewhere between 30-40 blogs.Couln't make more time than that.It was really amazing found some cool blogs because of it :)

    Neal Kind
    Daily Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, we do what we can, right? It's awesome that you've found some more blogs, and I hope you can continue to enjoy them for the months to come. :D

      Delete
  4. My Fan Week has come to a close, but it was fabulous. Perhaps I will do these recap questions when I come back from my hiatus. It's so cool that you met a friend from over the Internet. It sounds like you had a ton of fun. It's one of my dreams to meet another blogger in real life-maybe at a writer's conference or book blogger's conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it! I'd love to see what you did and what happened in your Fan Week. I hope you do get to meet another blogger someday! It was awesome meeting my friend; a crazy thing I never imagined five years ago. :D

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!