Saturday, February 7, 2015

Love a Blogger Saturday #1

Ooh, Heather didn’t say anything about this. 

Very recently I was inspired by Jill Williamson’s post at Go Teen Writers about loving on the authors in your life and things you can do to help. With Fan Month coming up, I thought it would be appropriate to do a little something like that, but with bloggers.

That being said, with the exception of Valentine’s Day, the next eight weeks will feature a few bloggers I enjoy and admire every Saturday for your own reading pleasure. Maybe you know them, maybe you don’t, but I hope you enjoy and spend some time commenting on their blogs today. :)




Ashana Lian

http://ashanalian.blogspot.com/

Whenever I see a new post on A Fantasy Writer’s Blog I can pretty much count on it being about reading or writing, and it’s always going to be an interesting perspective I didn’t realize I wouldn’t see coming. Lately she’s posted a few Beautiful People posts about the romances in her current WIP, and she’s also hosting a few 2015 Reading Challenges; the linkies have expired, I think, but in all legal senses zero people can stop you from joining late.

If you want a place to start, I recently enjoyed her post on similarities in the titles of fantasy novels!

Out of Coffee, Out of Mind

http://adelethelaptop.blogspot.com/

Liz tends to post streams-of-consciousness-ish posts, and things that are so true to a writer’s life I have to laugh. Her posts are thoughtful and detailed, and she too is planning to take over the world someday. Then again, aren’t we all? I don’t know what’s coming up next, but I know that I’m definitely looking forward to her next post!

By the way, I tagged her for the Lyric Medley tag—go check out what songs she picked as her top editing music!

Butterflies of the Imagination

https://butterfliesoftheimagination.wordpress.com/

Ana writes intentionally, and I like to see the ideas she finds most important and often highlights in her reviews. And she does tend to review, although sometimes writerly and readerly discussion pours in, which I certainly enjoy reading. Also, I like the warm colors of the butterflies, but that is just me. Very recently she traded guest posting opportunities with Emily at For the Bookish—which I will comment on when I wake up later today! By the way, Ana is also a dependable commenter; I always appreciate it when she swings around here. :)

Also, she posted this review about Fairest by Marissa Meyer and now I’m dying to read it. You should go read it and then die with me.


As ever, a hearty thanks to Ashana Lian, Liz Brooks, and Ana for making my blogging experiences a little brighter. You are all awesome!

Have you visited these blogs yet? Why not? What are you doing instead? And, of course, who do you want to thank for being an awesome blogger in your life?


(By the way, forgive me if I don’t make sense. It is tomorrow and I should have gone to bed yesterday; I was very spontaneous about this idea. Also, there are six more of these coming, so look forward to three more blogs next week!)

16 comments :

  1. Oh wow, this is a fabulous idea. I also saw that post, but because I am a huge procrastinator, I'm not planning to do anything about it until, like, months later. I already read Ashana and Ana's blogs, but Liz's is a welcome addition to my reading list. Thanks so much for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad you think so—but hey, writers need some love all of the year, so maybe waiting a little while isn't bad at all! And glad I introduced a new one to you; I really enjoy Liz's writing and I hope you do too. :)

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful idea, Heather! AND LET ME JUST SCREAM BECAUSE I'M ON YOUR LIST AND YAY THANK YOU! I'm so glad that you enjoy my posts and the design of my blog. I've visited Ashana's blog before, but I've never seen Liz's blog. I hope to see some familiar faces and find some new blogs in your upcoming Love a Blogger posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was a little worried this was a weird idea, but then, everything is a little weirder at one in the morning. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR BEING ON THE LIST AND THANK YOU FOR BLOGGING BECAUSE STILL YAY. Glad to see that you've got some familiarity and unfamiliarity going for you, and here's to more over the next few weeks. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! It's definitely important to give shout-outs to bloggers you like, and it helps me discover new awesome people to follow, which is fantabulous. *follows all the blogs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm glad you like it! I agree; sometimes you can get so caught up in the people you already know you forget that there's more out there to enjoy. :)

      Delete
  4. I love reading Butterflies of the Imagination, but I'm a bit of a silent stalker. I seem to do that a lot xD I'm going to check out the other two blogs as well.

    Defiantly a cool idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD Hey, today is NOT your day to be a silent stalker; step out of your comfort zone today!

      More shall come! :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh! This is an awesome idea!
    *checks out the blogs you mentioned*
    I'm eagerly awaiting the upcoming ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! :) Stay tuned for the Saturdays after this one! :D

      Delete
  6. Aww, thank you so much for including me! :) I think Love a Blogger Saturday is a wonderful idea (and not just because you mentioned my blog). I've already checked out the other two you listed, and they were great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a great blogger, so I could include you! I'm always curious to take a look at your latest posts. And I'm glad you checked them out—I know I certainly enjoy them. :D

      Delete
  7. Oh, this is such a cool idea! I haven't visited any of these blogs before, but I'm definitely adding them to my list!


    Alexa S. Winters
    thessalexa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it, myself! I hope you get a kick out of the ones you explore. :D

      Delete
  8. How did it take me this long to get round to this post?! e_e I apologise for the delay *bows* and thank you for including me! I'm so happy you enjoy my bloooog *dances*

    I used to do a feature like this on my old fashion blog, but I haven't updated that for about half a year now because AL is a priority. Still, I loved being able to share the blogs that had so much to give and letting other people discover that too. Hopefully I can start up a feature like this... unless you're making this a weekly link-up, in which case I'd link up every week I was able to!!

    For example, Butterflies Of The Imagination is a beautiful blog (glad you added it!) But the second one I've never heard of, so now I can go and check it out. =o Keep up the great work. Your blog is one of my faves, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I know that you've got a lot of stuff on your plate right now—I'm glad you got to see that you were included! :)

      Sharing blogs is a great thing we can do, although I know how easy it is to let our other blogs fall by the wayside. Sometimes we get preoccupied! I'm not making a linkup; it's just something fun I was doing, and you're welcome to do the same! I'd love to see the blogs that you follow!

      Ana and Liz both have great blogs, so I'm glad you have a known and a spare, and I hope you continue to enjoy them both. :) And thank you—glad you like it. :)

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!