Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Madame Ashana Lian of her own fantasy blog has nominated me for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award, and in solidarity with yesterday’s post, I’ll be here to answer her questions. Thanks, Ashana!



The Rules:


  • Thank the one who nominated you.
  • Post the logo.
  • Answer ten questions.
  • Nominate ten bloggers.
  • Ask ten questions.

The Questions:


1. Who is your favorite author?

I’m going to have to say Neal Shusterman or Mark Walden… I mean, the former writes the best stuff I’ve ever read, and the latter has totally killed me with his books, and while I love so many others, it really boils down to these two.

2. What’s the best thing about blogging?

I like getting comments. And it’s not because I like the attention or because I want to become famous—I just think it’s cool and sort of amazing that I’ve written something that somebody else (maybe a thousand miles away, even) has reacted to. It’s a little scary, too, because, “Wow, someone paid attention to what I said,” which means I have to be a little careful—but it’s cool at the same time.

3. How many books do you own?

I own between 250-300 books. I’d count, but seriously, ain’t nobody got time for that. But, you know, it’s a good number whether I count or not.

4. What’s the last movie you saw?

At the time I write this, E.T.: The Extraterrestrial, which is a lovely film; at the time I post this, it is Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life, which I will be watching as soon as my father returns. I have not seen it before, so I am excited to see what all happens.

(Update: Well, I wasn't expecting that!)

5. Tomato sauce or barbecue sauce?

I dislike both. I will eat tomato sauce on pizza or spaghetti and I will eat Lay’s barbecue chips but other than that I do not like to think about such things as those very much.

6. What skill do you really want to learn or wish you had?

Ummm… I wouldn’t mind being really, really good at writing. Like, not where I am now, as a beginner. It’s going to take me a long time to gain the courage and the experience and the knowledge I’d really need to make something like writing my career. But it looks like that’s still a lesson I’ll have to learn the hard way.

7. How many types of social media do you have?

I have Facebook, which I use regularly, and Twitter, which I use occasionally, and Blogger, which you can see right now. With Blogger comes G+, but I’ve never really, really used it or taken much interest in it, and I also have a Tumblr, Pinterest, and email. *nods* I think that’s it. NO I just got Bloglovin’ actually.

8. Do you have a (secret?) talent or quirk that surprises other people?

I don’t think so… No. No, not at all, actually. I’m not the surprising kind of person.

9. What’s your dream job?

Ideally, a writer, but gauging by my own behavior it’ll be a while before that idea becomes reality. In the meantime, I think it might be fun to be a hotel maid, or maybe an executive’s assistent who gets pencils and coffee all the time.

10. What’s the last thing you did or made that you’re proud of?

Ooh, that’s a hard one. I dunno. I mean, it’s not that I don’t take pride in my work but I don’t think I’ve done anything recently that really says “This was worth it.” to me. *shrugs* So… Yeah, I guess I don’t have anything. That’s actually really depressing...

My 10 Nominees

Um, I feel like I’ve nominated a lot of people for a lot of things lately… And so while I realize that doing these sorts of things promotes community and attention within blogs and gives people the impression that there’s actually not a robot writing these things, I also don’t want to be super annoying.

But I also know when I see the words “I nominate whoever wants to,” I feel like that’s impersonal and I know that the blogger doesn’t really mean me and so I just move on my sorry way.

This is a dilemma.

How about this: if you want me to nominate you so you can answer my questions, then you can let me know and I’ll stick your name here, and if you want, a link to your post. Free publicity and all that. If not, high fives to you and thanks for reading.

Wild Horse @ Opal Swirls

My 10 Questions


  1. In the event of an emergency would you be more confident handling it with a body-enhancing superpower (super speed, super smarts, etc.) or with valuable knowledge (medical skills, mental map of location, etc.) ?
  2. What tactics would you adopt in order to keep a potentially traitorous/immoral group of “employees” (i.e. pirates, etc.) loyal to you and you alone?
  3. What is the highest praise that you ever could give?
  4. If the main character of your WIP/favorite novel had a Twitter account, what are three things they would tweet? (Remember: 140 characters or less!)
  5. Do you think it would be more valuable for a superhero to be an average citizen or a public figure, like a political entity or celebrity?
  6. If you had ten ninjas, upon whom would you sic them?
  7. Can you fold your tongue? (I cannot; I look for others who have been cheated by their parents’ Mendelian genes as well.)
  8. What do you think would happen if you ruled the world?
  9. What are your thoughts on manflesh? Edible? No? Would you, as an orc, be willing to eat your comrades?
  10. In what situations is it appropriate to call someone a fungus-ridden dingbat?


(Bonus points for serious consideration and a complete lack of confusion as to why these questions need asking.)

So… Tell me, how would you answer these questions?

8 comments :

  1. These are serious questions! As I was reading them, I was answering them in my mind xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My questions or her questions? XD But still... TELL ME YOUR SECRETS O WILD ONE.

      Delete
    2. Yours! Haha I'll put them in a post for you xD

      Delete
  2. YOU LIKE NEAL SHUSTERMAN. He is also my favorite. Ah.

    Also, this post made me laugh, a lot. Probably because it's 1 in the morning currently where I am and I'm a little slaphappy, but oh well xD Perhaps I shall attempt to answer the questions...they're really good, after all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEAL SHUSTERMAN IS AMAZING. Like yes.

      XD Well, at least you laughed, and you can enjoy things that make no sense to other people. But do feel free to answer them; I put a lot of effort into making sure they were a worthwhile opportunity. ;)

      Delete
  3. Aw, I liked your answers!! I was thinking, about number #2 - I also feel touched that somebody (anybody) cares to read what I think about something. I don't know the exact number of books I have either, just a rough guess. The bookworm's dilemma. O_O

    I asked #7 because a lot of authors talk about how you need to promote yourself on social media, but I felt social media so annoying! I wondered how others managed it. As for #10 - aw, I didn't mean to depress you! Well first of all, I definately think you should put this blog on the list. I like how this blog brings up discussion topics that really make you think. So that's something to be proud of.

    Wow, your questions ARE pretty serious... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely—blogging can give you different perspectives aplenty, including the value of your own words. And I know that social media is definitely tricky; I really prefer using it for personal means rather than promotional ones.

      And thanks—I guess I didn't think of the blog as proudmaking but now that you say that I guess you're right. Thanks!

      And yeah. I ask weird things. XD

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!