Thursday, November 13, 2014

TCWT November Blog Chain: Anti/thesis



I don't really want to ruin the intro with a lot of talk. This time for the Teens Can Write Too! Blog Chain, it's about about the pictures, not the words. So, here's the prompt, and here's what I have come up with.

Use pictures and individual words to show what, to you, is the essence of being a teenager. 

Free

Flickr Credit: Ian Sane
Flickr Credit: russell-higgs
Flickr Credit: jonycunha

Sane

Flickr Credit: Dubwise Version

Flickr Credit: ioBeto

Confused

Flickr Credit: MorBCN

Flickr Credit: TheZionView View

Waiting

Flickr Credit: Hartwig HKD
Flickr Credit: dhammza
Flickr Credit: Kevin Bond

Melancholy

Flickr Credit: beatkueng
Flickr Credit: 55Laney69

Worth It

Flickr Credit: janainacastelo
Flickr Credit: Maureen Didde
Flickr Credit: Kevin Dooley
Flickr Credit: Kim Seng

And... Yup. I'm not in an explaining myself mood, but that's what I've got.

If you are in the blog chain... Be sure to drop a link so I can make sure to check out your post for this month!

If you aren't in the blog chain... What images remind you most of growing up? Do any words, phrases, or quotes come to mind? And, be sure to check out everyone else in the blog chain for their awesome posts as well!

November 2014 blog chain prompt/schedule:
Prompt: Use pictures and individual words to show what, to you, is the essence of being a teenager.” 
24th – http://teenscanwritetoo.wordpress.com/ (We’ll announce the topic for next month’s chain.)

7 comments :

  1. Mmm, I really loved how you had a word and a couple related pictures to go with it! I think my favourite of the lot is the tissue paper one -- really made me laugh out loud, and yet the ambiguity is worth considering. The staircases for confusion -- yeah, that is totally how life feels like a lot of the time.

    Great response to this month's prompt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the one with the toilet paper and I was like, "YES. I must use this." and that is what happened. But I'm glad you related to the stair cases... I think we all suffer a little confusion in our lives sometimes and it is no fun at all.

      Delete
  2. Yours was very interesting. It made me think about a lot of things. I especially liked the one with the girl staring outside the window. I felt like I could relate to that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the picture applicable! I do so enjoy making people think. :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. (Also, re: your most recent post: I'm really sorry you're struggling. I don't consider myself to have particularly "made it" as a blogger, but I am happy with the audience I have - it just took some time and lots of interacting. But a couple years ago, I was TOTALLY with you. I had only a handful of followers for a long time before my blog really caught on. It will happen for you, too, and once it does, your audience will grow quickly. I promise. And, for what it's worth, I think your blog is really awesome. Just subscribed by email and liked your FB page! Good luck! :D)

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, crap, I guess my full comment didn't go through. Before the parentheses, I was just saying that this was an awesome post and I especially love the image with the chair--both because of the color scheme (the yellow stands out) and because the general look of it is really powerful.

      Delete
    2. I definitely love the chair too, although you put it into better words than I could! In all honesty, this post really gave me a chance to FEEL, and I enjoyed it. Immensely.

      And thanks for the sympathy. I don't think I've ever listened to enough "struggle stories" to realize how hard blogging really is, and that if you don't put yourself out there, and if you don't make yourself part of other people's lives, then no one is going to be a part of your life, either. Thanks for the encouragement, too! I know I'm just taking this week off, but I think already I'm going to be ready to jump back into it as soon as I can! :D Thanks thanks thanks for the comments. Cuz they were good.

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!