Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Flickr Credit: Mr. TinDC
I’m thankful for books.

I’m thankful for dreams.

I’m thankful for opportunities, and the choice to accept or reject them as I will.

I’m thankful for my family.

I’m thankful for my friends.

I’m thankful to be part of a blogging community, however recently it may have been discovered.

I’m thankful for words.

I’m thankful for songs.

I’m thankful for writing, the chance to put my thoughts on the page and the chance to make those words better and better so that someday they achieve significance, so that they mean the same feelings that pulse through my ivory veins.

I’m thankful for geese, even though I don’t chase them anymore.

I’m thankful for notebooks, and different colored pens to fill them with.

I’m thankful for the smell of pumpkin brownies, and chocolate chips, and snow.

I’m thankful for the catharsis of a shower.

I’m thankful for my home, and everything in it, even the occasional spider. They give me a chance to be brave.

I’m thankful for a school that teaches me, and nourishes me, and also gives me an opportunity to get away sometimes.

I’m thankful for a library.

I’m thankful for quesadillas.

I’m thankful for a God that loves me, cherishes me, and gives me the strength to see tomorrow through. I’m thankful for his mercy, and his forgiveness, and his sense of humor.

And most of all, I’m thankful that He is enough.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments :

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! We don't have Thanksgiving in New Zealand, but I think it sounds like a great concept- stopping to be thankful is important :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's an interesting difference. But yes, stopping to be thankful is definitely important, especially when there's a lot out there to be thankful for. :)

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!