Friday, September 19, 2014

Of Princess Songs


[THIS IS THE LINK TO THE SECOND VIDEO; I do not understand why I can't stick the darn video in here like I did that one, but it seems like this one doesn't work because there are zero ways to get track eight up other than this. So I guess you'll just have to exert yourself.]





This is my favorite trio of songs within Beauty and the Beast (See, I told you I didn’t totally hate Belle).

I guess, in part, it is because of my favorite series, H.I.V.E., which I do not talk about much. If you forgive my wandering mind, I feel like these songs really describe the journey of a student, especially Otto, at H.I.V.E.

For those who don’t know, H.I.V.E. stands for the Higher Institute of Villainous Education, and all students are brought there because they merited an invitation, and all students are brought there against their will.

Immediately upon arriving, Otto refuses to accept H.I.V.E. as his home, immediately starts scheming to escape. After all, how could he be forced to believe in this? Will he be there a day or forever? Will this be the place where he will die? That’s simply not something he can accept.

But then there is Dr. Nero. There is Ms. Leon. Professor Pike. Colonel Francisco. There are these people who know not only that Otto can survive at H.I.V.E. but it is meant for people exactly like him. Dr. Nero even reminds him of it later—he had nothing to go back to.

And in the end, H.I.V.E. is Otto’s home. And in the end, he will do anything to keep it.


Es mi cuento.

You were expecting princess stuff, and now you have learned why these are some of my favorite princess songs. You are welcome.

What are some of your favorite princess songs?

4 comments :

  1. Hi, I just recently found your site and thought it was really cool! I tried to join but it said there was some sort of error, do you have any idea why? Please get back to me soon I'm eager to join and also highly enjoy reading writing and other things you have posted on your blog. Thank you so much!

    ~Livie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I honestly can't say why it might not be working. It is new, but I'd suggest maybe closing the tab and reopening it, or maybe logging in and out of your Google account again. However, if you want to try it another way, you can go to your Blogger dashboard and push "add" and copy the web address into the "add from URL" area.

      :) Thanks for even trying to follow! It's awesome when I can connect with others!

      Delete
  2. Oh and I almost forgot, If your interested please check out my blog, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

    Link- http://pineapplexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an IOU policy when it comes to commenting, so I'd be happy to take a look! Thanks for taking an interest in my blog, too!

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!