Tuesday, April 15, 2014

El leer



Ten Reasons I Love Reading in Spanish:

  1. It challenges me to think about what I’m reading
  2. I don’t have to understand everything being said to enjoy the story
  3. I can compare and contrast meanings between English and Spanish
  4. It makes me ask questions
  5. I can try to understand humor in a different way
  6. It helps me strengthen my Spanish skills
  7. Speaking and reading in Spanish is like a superpower (which makes me feel pretty awesome)
  8. I can trace cognates and roots
  9. It opens up new places of discussion
  10. It gives me a chance to look at a world I’ve never seen before

2 comments :

  1. If I ever quote this somewhere, with French instead of Spanish, I'll be sure to cite my sources. ;)

    Seriously though, that's the most accurate reasoning right there for why I love knowing more than one language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'm glad it resonated with you! I know a lot of people don't like learning a foreign language... but when you're able to incorporate our favorite little story about teenage villains who live on a volcano... It's worth it.

      Delete

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!