Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Quotes of Quoting



I have this notebook where I write down things I like in books or movies. I think I have probably half of Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium transcribed in that thing. I thought I could find ten tidbits worth sharing, and here they are! :)


“It was very sad to see my father cry, but I understood it, because sometimes a man has to cry. Even if he is a man.”

–Antonio Márez, Bless me Ultima, Rudolfo Anaya


“A good leader is someone who knows what he’s bad at, and hires someone who’s good at it to take care of it for him.”

–Halt, The Battle for Skandia, John Flanagan


“The most powerful weapon you have is the one inside your skull.”

–Jackson, Earthfall, Mark Walden


“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes.”

–Mazer Rackham, Ender’s Game, Orson Scott Card


“We’re being led by an idiot with a crayon.”

–Commander Julius Root, The Arctic Incident, Eoin Colfer


“You are tasering Raven! This is not being a clever thing to do!”

–Franz Argentblum, Aftershock, Mark Walden


“Don’t be so hasty. There is always time for babbling.”
–Victor, Airman, Eoin Colfer


“A large rock is not the kind of enemy you can fight with a magic sword.”
–Percy Jackson, The Sea of Monsters, Rick Riordan


“Always trust that what you do will have its reward. Perhaps not when you want it, but when you least expect it.”

–Osiris, Pandora Gets Vain, Carolyn Hennesy


“Then let’s look on the bright side: we’re having an adventure, Fezzik, and most people live and die without being as lucky as we are.”

–Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride, William Goldman


Bonus Movie Quote!

“Kowalski: Casualty report.”
“There are only two passengers unaccounted for, Skipper.”
“That’s a number I can live with.”

–Kowalski and Skipper, Madagascar 2



What are you favorite book quotes? Share them below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Check it out, comments and stuff. I love to hear from readers, and I always respond to commenters! Here's the fun part—if you leave a link to your blog I'll show up and comment back. I have just one rule down here: Don't Be a Problem. This spans the entire umbrella of rudeness and crudeness, so I reiterate: Don't Be a Problem. Thanks for stopping by!